Planning to move to philippines

Hi Everyone,

My name is Vishal and I'm from India. My current employer has recently offered me a job in Philippines. I'm reviewing the offer as of now. The salary proposed is about 50,000 Philippines Pesos per month. I wanted to know if this would be enough for me and my wife to live nicely in Manila. In addition to this my wife may work ( as she is German language expert) .Please help me know what would be good salary in Manila as I've heard it is a costly city.

Regards,
Vishal.

It depends on where you live, and what you will be paying for accommodation.  I spend about 40,000 pesos per month plus my rent, so, nearer 80k in total.  I am not in Manila, but when I looked at similar accommodation I was looking at about 60k per month for a similar condo near Mall of Asia.

Thank you so much. It seems that I must negotiate for higher salary before I move there.

roysafari wrote:

Thank you so much. It seems that I must negotiate for higher salary before I move there.

Or choose to live a more local lifestyle than a Westerner here.

The average local salary is closer to 25,000 pesos in Manila. (After Tax)

Locals pay between 10-27,000 for a 1 bedroom apartment (average 16,000).

As for me, 5OK is more than enough if not in Manila but if u will just look for an average place to stay in manila it will be enough.

Depending on your occupation 50K would be quite a good salary for a filipino. I know some local computer programmers and the likes of that there who make only half of that per month approx. I think 50K is enough to live. If you are very efficient with your money and are willing to find cheap accommodation at the expenses of possibly having to travel a few hours everyday to get to and from work unless you are willing to stay in a share house type of accommodations.

scottsowhat wrote:

hey fellow expats ,,i am moving to the phililppines in sept i just got married there in april,,,i found a great job that can be run online and in person,,its aworld leading company recently featured in forbes magazine,,,,i am easily reached at [email protected],,ill send u a short video presentation if u are interested.

Is that the http://www.vacationsooner.com "pyramid scheme with a twist" run by worldventures ?
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain … tml?page=5

I think you should check it carefully before investing too much time into it:

realistically, if you can sucker in enough of your fellow saps, you actually can profit. So long as the there is a lower rung on the ladder to pay for your mistake

ABC I hope he appreciate your help. Those pyramid schemes are very disheartening. They prey on the gulable.

As for the fella who has the 50k offer I would suggest he visit first. Many locals live on less but at what cost. If he wants to be stress free I suggest atleast double that amount. No one wants to live just getting by...there should be room for savings and never count your wife's salary. That should be an added benefit and throwback savings.

sirrobcentral wrote:

ABC I hope he appreciate your help. Those pyramid schemes are very disheartening. They prey on the gulable.

As for the fella who has the 50k offer I would suggest he visit first. Many locals live on less but at what cost. If he wants to be stress free I suggest atleast double that amount. No one wants to live just getting by...there should be room for savings and never count your wife's salary. That should be an added benefit and throwback savings.

I've sen many people caught by these schemes, and is is very saddening when they realise the truth eventually.

On the 50k income, I also think that 100k would be a better more comfortable income, as even on 80k I feel that things are tight for me.

However, that's as an expat living here, without dropping standards too much.

An interesting point is that the Top 10% of Filipinos have a declared income of about 66,000 peso per month
and the next 10% about 35,000.

Consequently, if a company can find a Filipino to do the same work, paying anyone much higher than that would not be logical.

How do you make the profits ?

By selling something or by getting more members ?
How much is the membership ?

Can the comments from the complaintsboard site be rebuked?
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain … tml?page=5

They don't lie to you. the just hide the truth in pretty words and motivational hotel "pep rallies." Most of the atendees are still buying into it themselves, so they come across as very sincere and enthused. but if you notice, none of them are really making money. Hmms.

Dont be fooled, most of these people are faking smiles to make their money back, even hoping your money will recoup their losses. My advice- dont get up in arms, this thing is huge and there's nothing you can do. Just look out for yourself and your loved ones and keep your wallet closed.

I can only guess that as all your posts are advertising your affiliate links, without wanting to say what the business really is, that the business details don't matter, its getting new members in that counts.

Your main websites on all your posts, on a few forum sections recently. are:
http://directsellingnews.comhttp://www.vacationsooner.comhttp://www.worldventures.biz

Giving more info upfront may get more trust.

Hi Vishal  :)

You might also consider working in Cebu, Philippines as there are many advantages to this so-called Queen City of the South, namely, easier commute (traffic is not as super heavy compared to Manila), easier lifestyle (shopping, dining, entertainment, places of interest are accessible in short rides), thriving BPO sector, cheaper rental cost, cleaner air, less crime. One option for you is to invest in a condo unit instead of paying a monthly rent. This way you own the unit in the end. You could by then have it rented and you'll a nice ROI out of your investment. Of course, this option makes more sense if you intend to stay & work longer in Cebu. Who knows you might want to settle in for good. I know this because I work with AboitizLand, one of the most trusted real estate developers in Cebu with a solid track record in developing residential, commercial, industrial and leisure projects, with a solid property management team to ensure our clients investments are protected. Please check our condo development here www.thepersimmonstudios.com. Feel free to shoot me an email if you're interested and I'll have our inhouse sales consultant tell you more about the investment options available for you. Email: [email protected]

50k is more than enough for 2.  I stayed at a condo in Mall of Asia at SM Sea Residences and it was fully furnished and included utilities for 45k per month.  That is on the higher end.

You can rent condos semi furnished for 20-25k.  Then utilities for an additional 5k.  You still have 20k for living expenses.  It is what you make it and public transport is horrible but cheap. 

Im FilAm but make 200-400k per month but depends on how the business is doing.

You could get a furnished apartment from around 20000. Especially a bit away from the center. But 50000pesos for two people is not enough. But latter statement depend a bit on what kind of living you expect
Transportation could easy be 5000 pesos per month
There is of course a lot of Filipinos who live for far less than 50000pesos a month even less than half. That is because they have to.

knud wrote:

There is of course a lot of Filipinos who live for far less than 50000pesos a month even less than half. That is because they have to.

I met a lot of Filipinos yesterday, all paying upwards of 40,000 per month for condos in Manila.

The important thing to remember is that it all varies depending on what standard a person can afford. Or what standard, or location, that a person will settle with.