Obtaining a Philippines Resident Visa

Hi all,

I am looking to find out what options I have to become resident in Philippines.
I have visited numerous times and although I haven't set it in stone yet as to where I want to relocate,
it appeals to me to become a resident there for a number of reasons, in the near future. I found this online
and it is up to date as of last year

Special resident retiree's visa:

To obtain a special resident retiree's visa, an individual must satisfy certain age and minimum deposit requirements. The applicant must be at least 35 years old, and the deposit requirement ranges from USD1,500 to USD50,000, depending on the circumstances. Former Filipino citizens must be at least 35 years old and make an inward remittance of USD1,500. Ambassadors of foreign countries who served and retired in the Philippines and current and former staff members of international organizations, including the Asian Development Bank, are also eligible for this program. They must make an inward remittance of USD1,500 and be at least 50 years old.

Coordination with the Philippine Retirement Authority is highly recommended.

My question is how does the minimum deposit requirements from 1500-50,000 get determined.
Obviously it would be great to get it at 1500 instead of 50,000. Also, is this visa the only option available to me?
My country of origin is an accepted country.

Due to the fact that I am youngish, not even 35 yet, does this mean they will want more as a buffer.
Or will it depend somehow on what income I have from sources abroad to establish that I am of means and won't
need to 50,000?

Are there other programs available such as this elsewhere?
I know Malaysia has a similar one but that is more expensive than this, I dont want to have
50k-75K USD tied up where that capital would be more useful for me elsewhere to get a better return.

Thanks

Be warned - Philippine Immigration costs

Like all things Filipino foreigners are  being ripped off by Philippine Immigration fees

I just returned from renewing my ACR card which expired after 5 years  - the cost of this exceeded Php 4000.00

Bear in mind that I an charged Php 2500.00 every time I leave the Philippines (at least twice per year) and Php 300 every year at annual report

This country is getting to the point where the petty irritations are building up and the Philippines and Filipino's and lack of infrastructure  / facilities / services  are becoming less attractive every day

Hello
  I believe the price of going out of the country is now 2880 pesos with an icard. I just checked it today at the office. I took 2 months, 8300 pesos and 4 visits to the office to get this done.
  I had my probationary icard, but 2 years ago ,, the made the rule that you have to have a criminal check from your home country. This idiot rule has now been dropped. A officer gave us a piece of paper stating we needed a criminal check,, but she just gave us a short peice of paper. However, we later found out that the  rule only came into effect 3 months later.  Always double check with another officer, Rules may be different at all offices   
   The onoy real advantage is you do not have to have a return ticket,, however 2880 pesos cany buy a return ticket to hong kong.
BEWARE.. If you are applying for a work visa to another country and you are based in the Philippines, some embassies require you to have a residency visa,
  any questions on this, pm me
Al

trottier1 wrote:

Hello
  I believe the price of going out of the country is now 2880 pesos with an icard. I just checked it today at the office. I took 2 months, 8300 pesos and 4 visits to the office to get this done.
  I had my probationary icard, but 2 years ago ,, the made the rule that you have to have a criminal check from your home country. This idiot rule has now been dropped. A officer gave us a piece of paper stating we needed a criminal check,, but she just gave us a short peice of paper. However, we later found out that the  rule only came into effect 3 months later.  Always double check with another officer, Rules may be different at all offices   
   The onoy real advantage is you do not have to have a return ticket,, however 2880 pesos cany buy a return ticket to hong kong.
BEWARE.. If you are applying for a work visa to another country and you are based in the Philippines, some embassies require you to have a residency visa,
  any questions on this, pm me
Al

I just left the country and the 2880 peso fee is for those departing for the first time as an i card holder. If like me you enter and leave many times in a year then you pay 1 time the 2880 then each time after its 2170
sam