Hey Canadians!

No, I'm not Canadian but do feel like a Homie around them. I grew up 6 miles from the border in Buffalo NY. We've probably passed each other on the way to dinner! Me for Chinese food and you for chicken wings!
There certainly does seem to be a lot of English speaking expats on the blog. Makes me feel comfortable already.
I have a long standing customer and friend who emigrated from Hamilton, Ontario to Berkley, Ca. I always teased him because he'd lived in Berkley for 35 years and never knew any of his neighbors names and he'd tease back that the only reason people from our part of the world knew each other well was that if we didn't play the neighborhood games, we'd all die of cabin fever in the winter! 

I'm in N. Carolina now. When my southern friends hear us talk about Canada, they invariably ask how long it took to get there. I tell them I've walked there dozens of times as a kid in less than 2 hours! 
It was actually easier and faster for me to cross the border to go horseback riding than it was to get to any ranch on our side of the border as a kid!

Glad to see you guys there in force!
Michael

Hi Dominic135,

I'm a bit confused in your post, may be you could answer my questions :)

Where exactly are you looking for Canadians? Are you looking for new friends?

Thank you

Stéphanie

Sorry didn't mean to step on any toes!
I grew up, 6 miles from the Canadian boarder at the Peace Bridge.
Canadians often worked in our factories, bought summer cottages at our beaches and many used American doctors even before the advent of socialized medicine. We often bought cottages on your side of Lake Erie too. Also your medications were less expensive than ours.
Each side offered benefits the other didn't have, and many had dual citizenships. Both sides, in their own little worlds, were twins bonded by brutal weather and easy accessibility. We could skate to Canada most every winter!
I'm looking for a large English speaking populous and really like the idea that the US and Canada once again, share each others benefits!
I'm looking for kind people, not kind-of people... Canadian or not.