Six Month Multi-Entry Visa

Hi All
I am just back from Bangkok today and I wonder if anybody can help me with a strange experience I have had.
I went to Bangkok to get a six month Multiple Entry Visa for Myanmar with the required three 10 week Business visas already completed.
I had a whole bunch of questions to ask such as: 1 Can I use land crossings. 2 Does the clock stop and re-start on the six months on each exit and re-entry etc.
At the Business Visa counter the assistant told me that for a six month multi-entry visa I would have to apply to the Consulate section on the main street as my three Business Visas were "On arrival at Yangon Airport" Business Visas.
I took this on board as he seemed confident about what he was telling me. Of course twice at the main Consulate part of the building I was just treated as another foreigner who was lost and got nowhere.
I ended up walking away with another 10 week visa from the foreigners visa office as every other option was getting too hard. The only aspect I am able to confirm about a six month visa is the price at Baht 7,200.
For me, next time around and for anybody else who this information might be relevant to, has anybody out there got a take on this?
Kind regards
Malcolm

Its very easy to get 6 month multiple entry business VISA if you have any known company who willing to give you a invitation letter with there company document, if you can arrange that BINGO ! you can get visa in 2 hours ( as I always get it from Kolkata-India). I am not so sure about Myanmar Embassy at BKK. secondly you better should get 3 month single entry visa at least 2 time, after that there will not be any problem hopefully.

Just fill out the form, go up to the window, and ask for one year business multiple entry visa. The cost is same, 7200.

The clock doesn't stop as the stamp on the visa clearly states the expiration date.

yky wrote:

Just fill out the form, go up to the window, and ask for one year business multiple entry visa. The cost is same, 7200.
The clock doesn't stop as the stamp on the visa clearly states the expiration date.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like this.  The Myanmar consulate in Bangkok on Thanon Pan (Pan Road) has tightened up considerably in the past year on the issue of Multiple Entry Business Visas.

At the Bangkok visa section, they want to see evidence of beck-to-back single entry visas, issued with supporting documents from the same Myanmar company (or govt dept), before they will issue a multi-entry.  And in nearly all cases it must be a 6 month multi first before a 1 year visa will be issued.

Currently they are writing the actual name of the company on the visa when they put it in your passport, to track whether anyone is  jumping between companies each time they apply for a new business visa.

As the OP stated, they have done 3 single entries (each of these will have a 3 month issue expiry for a single 70 day entry) - but was declined due to them being VOA.  This is not a good sign if they will refuse on the basis of the single entry business visa being a VOA issued on arrival in Yangon, as opposed to an embassy/consulate issued visa obtained before travel.

For the OP - the advice to send you to the main consulate on Sathorn Road is very odd and does not make sense.  Only Myanmar Nationals are processed through the main consulate - all foreigners are processed through the visa section on Thanon Pan (in the side street where you went).

To have a better chance - make sure your supporting invitation letter from the Myanmar company (or govt/ministry) states the date of issue and visa number of your previous single entry visas, and specifically requests a multiple entry visa be granted on the basis of prior visa history.  The original letter should be in Burmese, along with an English translation for your own record)

Good luck Malcolm, post back with your experience next trip.  PM me for further discussion if you wish.

HI jky
Thank you for the understanding you have shown with regard to my experience at The Myanmar Consulate in  Bangkok.
Yes, The 10 week business visa I eventually got from the foreigners visa section did record the name of my sponsor on the Visa. My previous three VOAs at Yangon airport didn't and the documents used were from the same sponsor in all cases.
It would be interesting if we had another contributor, who has recently come into or back to Myanmar using a VOA , as to whether they are recording the sponsor on the passport visa.
Your advice for more thorough documentation from the sponsor in both languages in applying for a six month multi-entry visa, and noting the dates and visa numbers of the previous business visas makes so much sense, thank you.
I will try to remember to give you an update about my next attempt.
You have also helped me realise that the situation with visas can be fluid and so this is a great forum to exchange this type of information.
The reason for the business visa attendant directing me to the Myanmars section on the main road is still a mystery. He seemed very sure of what he was advising me to do, the business visa section wasn't busy for him to be distracted. Hmm
Many thanks for your help.
Malcolm

I am on my way to try again. I have 3 VOA and 1 issued by the Embassy in Bangkok and am getting a letter from my sponsor in both languages asking for a 6 month multi entry visa. I will let you know.
Malcolm

Change of plans. I got a three month meditation visa and yes it's for teaching in monastic schools. So no more news from me on the 6 month visa requirements.