Job offer in Dar Es Salaam

Hello Everyone,

I've got a job offer from a company in Dar Es Salaam.
My monthly salary will be: 500K Tanzanian Shillings + 800 USD Overseas salary + 600 USD for Housing & Travelling + Medical.

I wanted to know if it is this a good salary as per Tanzanian market?
Also, could you please tell me how much will I be able to save?
My major concern is accommodation and travelling. Can that be done in 600 USD per month?

I'm a bachelor, I usually don't spend too much on unnecessary/expensive items and I'm willing to share a flat (if required).

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,
Rahul

rahulgarg wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I've got a job offer from a company in Dar Es Salaam.
My monthly salary will be: 500K Tanzanian Shillings + 800 USD Overseas salary + 600 USD for Housing & Travelling + Medical.

My major concern is accommodation and travelling. Can that be done in 600 USD per month?

I'm a bachelor, I usually don't spend too much on unnecessary/expensive items and I'm willing to share a flat (if required).

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,
Rahul

For accommodation pricing look through the ads in the housing section at the top of this page.

Savings and expenditure is  a personal thing so no one can tell you how much you can save. It all depends on how much you are prepared to spend on living costs.
For cost of living go the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page and open the topic, cost of living.
You can also check www.numbeo.com for cost of living.

@ Rahul > You might also want to have a look at the topic Cost of living in Tanzania – 2015

You may find some interesting and useful information.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thank you very much for your help!

Hello sir
it is a reasonable salary.you can save

hi Rahul

Salary depends on the responsibility that you are going to take. But from your mail ....the package is not bad. But housing and travelling shouldn't be your biggest concern. The WORK PERMIT. Reply for your queries....

This is a fair salary.

Your overseas will be your saving. And your local - 500k and housing - 600USD shd be ok for covering food, accomodation and travelling. You even might save in here too.

Yes you can.

Hi Nevin,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Could you please elaborate what do you mean by saying that the concern should be my work permit.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Rahul

hi Rahul

Work permit is the legal document which allow you and your family to reside and you to work in Tanzania for that company alone. Your family would be your dependent and they are not to undertake a job in the country. Work permits are very expensive these days. You should check with the company and put everything clearly in the contract.

Good luck!

hello,am looking for a temporary work in Dar Es Salaam

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

@ pauline peter - For your hunt of a job, i invite you to post your CV on Jobs in Dar es Salaam.

Thank you

Stéphanie

u can save the 800 if u go for shared accomodation.