Paraguay Cedula Card

Dear,
I am Pakistani, living and work in Saudi Arabia. I got Brazil visit visa and now heading to Paraguay visit visa.
Dear members, I need friendly help from you. I need some friendly member in Asuncion who can help me or guide me to apply for Cedula (Permanent residency) card.
I do not know Spanish so I am looking friendly help. As I read in blogs that there are too many persons who took more money than it required. Please!!!!!
Can anyone will help me????
Thanks and waiting

nasir_acc80 wrote:

Dear,
I am Pakistani, living and work in Saudi Arabia. I got Brazil visit visa and now heading to Paraguay visit visa.
Dear members, I need friendly help from you. I need some friendly member in Asuncion who can help me or guide me to apply for Cedula (Permanent residency) card.
I do not know Spanish so I am looking friendly help. As I read in blogs that there are too many persons who took more money than it required. Please!!!!!
Can anyone will help me????
Thanks and waiting

I suggest that you go to the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page and click on visas.
There is some current information there that may be of interest to you.
Seems that it is not easy for Pakistanis to get residency etc.

HI,
I think, no one want to share their experience to getting cedula in Paraguay.

i think wine  alot bout things, grow up and go do it

Getting your residency is not that difficult nor complicated.  Go to a Paraguayan Embassy website from a country that speaks a language you are comfortable with.  In your case you're writing here in English, so try the Paraguayan embassy websites in Canada or the US.   These sites are in English (or Spanish) and will lay out all the requirements of applying for residency and getting your cedula.   There are many documents (birth, marriage certificates, home nation police/criminal records statement, etc..) you must gather together to bring with you to Paraguay.  They must be apostilled in your home country.   Then the web site list things you need to do here in Paraguay as well as where you turn in the paperwork you bring with you.   Then you wait.   The process may take from 3 months to a year or longer to finalize processing and the granting of residency (getting the cedula is basically the last step of this process).   Once you finalize the turning in of documents and the actions you must complete here, you can leave the country until the application is approved and you pick things up.   As there are so many variables at work in the process, very few people have a "perfect" experience.   Remember that Paraguay is a third world nation with a very  inept government so your experience will likely not match others.   Plus there have been various posters here saying that getting residency as a citizen of Pakistan is possibly a problem.  Not sure how true that is now, but I do know at one time they were "freezing" processing of applications from folks from countries they considered hotbeds (sponsors) of terror.   But things change daily in terms of the rules here.   And many times depending on too many circumstances to list, the "rules" are simply overlooked or ignored, so I'd suggest you just go ahead and go for it.  Good luck !

Hi,

I am Sami currently working and living in Kuwait. Could I contact you for advise me, because I am thinking to move to Paraguay. xxx

Thanks,

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct