3 things I like most about Islam

I am not a muslim myself, but having done my share of comparative religious study, I have concluded that I personally find the following three points in the Islamic faith highly admirable.

-Islam recommends fasting, which is great for the body and mind. Most faiths endorse it as well.
-Islam promotes regular, daily prayer, which habitually reminds one of his/her Creator and encourages faith.
-Islam endorses  charity, thereby doing a lot for the underprivileged.

Here's hoping that the people of the world realize the unity of all creation, bring about universal brotherhood/sisterhood, shed prejudice and hatred and let love and peace blossom in this tumultous world once again.

Peace.

it's great to know about other religion .. it's put you in the frame especially in the other countries

thanks for your point of view .. i like it ^^

Dr. Gopi Bezzala wrote:

I am not a muslim myself, but having done my share of comparative religious study, I have concluded that I personally find the following three points in the Islamic faith highly admirable.

-Islam recommends fasting, which is great for the body and mind. Most faiths endorse it as well.
-Islam promotes regular, daily prayer, which habitually reminds one of his/her Creator and encourages faith.
-Islam endorses  charity, thereby doing a lot for the underprivileged.

Here's hoping that the people of the world realize the unity of all creation, bring about universal brotherhood/sisterhood, shed prejudice and hatred and let love and peace blossom in this tumultous world once again.

Peace.

Religions are from God, that's why they r all perfect the problem is on us!!

All of these religions callin 4 universal brotherhood/sisterhood, shed prejudice, hatred nd love,  but!.......  Nd there's always but!!!  everything dependin on us  ;)

God bless all of u.

Ciao…

"truth will set you free" :P

livelife wrote:

"truth will set you free" :P

Indeed my man, and btw you are the only one who is resopnsible for your actions in this world, Relegion may be a point of view to some people and a way of life to others...

Cheerss

yep, truth and love will set you free.

"be the change you want to see in the world."
-mahatma gandhi

I like what Dr. wrote about Islam. Thanks you for the positive comments.

Islam is a very beautiful and peaceful religion but few among us have portrayed a very bad picture of Islam. But these few exist in other religions as well.

Our earth will be a heaven if all of us have tolerance towards other religions.

as one of my favourite artists said,"Wars come and go but my soldiers stay eternal..." , Only the Human will make a difference if he/she is really up for it.

that's an awesome saying there... we are immortal souls, all of us!

Dr. Gopi Bezzala wrote:

yep, truth and love will set you free.

"be the change you want to see in the world."
-mahatma gandhi

Am a Muslim, but that doesn't mean 2 stick 2 my religion principles & ethics  ;)

Ma father was tellin me a story when I was on 8th or 9th class I don't remember in fact.. about a guy was fightin 4 his nation, 2 get them dignity nd 4 their unity as well!!

He added'' I learned 4rom that gr8 person how 2 fight ma enemy nd defeat him without a bullet''

I asked him who iz that person dad?!

He answered me (( Mahatma Gandhi ))  although he iz Hindu but it's good 2 read about other characters in other religions  ;)
am teaching this story 2 ma son now 2 let him read history nd study it

Dr. Gopi Bezzala

By the way I read Baghavad Gita nd I can say that it's really excitin  :proud

God Bless Ya All

Ciao…

ahmadkwt wrote:

I like what Dr. wrote about Islam. Thanks you for the positive comments.

Islam is a very beautiful and peaceful religion but few among us have portrayed a very bad picture of Islam. But these few exist in other religions as well.

Our earth will be a heaven if all of us have tolerance towards other religions.

Dude, I agree indeed!

Ciao...

gandhi was a true man of peace...he never once discriminated between hindus and muslims...during the partition, hindus and muslims were killing each other. when a hindu who had butchered a muslim kid asked gandhi for forgiveness, all gandhi said was this: "go seek  muslim child, an orphan, raise him as your own son, feed him, educate him, offer him all the love you would have offered him if he were your own son. only then will all be forgiven."

few men like gandhi exist today. he was highly evolved as a soul, and he suffered the fate that all such souls meet on an imperfect earth - assassination by an unevolved, intolerant bigot.

some of the best people i've met belong to the muslim faith... and it is very sad that a handful of misled zealots have ruined the name of the glorious faith.

dear holdcardsdown,
i say this with all due respect, but you need to determine the real reasons for the fact that muslims can marry 4 women ...the intention was a noble one originally, but has possibly been misused by man in later years perhaps...and the bad behaviour of a few muslims should NOT  be blamed on the islamic faith, but rather on the individual characters of those practising the faith...one bad apple sure can spoil the bunch...sad but true.
peace bro.

Dr. Gopi Bezzala wrote:

dear holdcardsdown,
i say this with all due respect, but you need to determine the real reasons for the fact that muslims can marry 4 women ...the intention was a noble one originally, but has possibly been misused by man in later years perhaps...and the bad behaviour of a few muslims should NOT  be blamed on the islamic faith, but rather on the individual characters of those practising the faith...one bad apple sure can spoil the bunch...sad but true.
peace bro.

Thats true doc , the original purpose was noble since the Prophet(PBUH) has done that in order to support and take under his wings the women who needed care and help in their lives , this is only when you can actually support and keep a decent life for all your wives...

Again it all depends on the person, personally I feel if I find a lady who will satisfy me and cherish me , I wont think to get married again...;);)

:rolleyes:

Ladiez & gentlemen,

This topic is about ‘'3 things I like most about Islam''

So, I believe that u r gettin out slight 4rom the main road  …

Ciao…

I used to be muslim and I DO regret changing it. I was a muslim and I left to France and Got a new passport, changed my name, and religion. Of course, I still believe in Islam, but it says that I'm christian in paper lol

Well Reyn,first i would like to welcome you in the blog , and secondly dont worry about it since it happens alot around the world,but as long as you are still believeing thats all it matters....cheers and welcome again.

Reyn wrote:

I used to be muslim and I DO regret changing it. I was a muslim and I left to France and Got a new passport, changed my name, and religion. Of course, I still believe in Islam, but it says that I'm christian in paper lol

U can choose anything man!

Except being Jehovah….  ;)

Ciao..

papers dont mean anything. it is your belief that count as long as you dont hide it. Doc, it seems your wisdom is a blessing and I wish you were a muslim! I invite you to read more about islam, christianism and judaism and make your onw decision. Talking about the 4 wives issues, I personally wont be able to afford it as Islam says that a man needs to support each wive equally, financially and on other ground which I will leave it to your imagination.
talking about the bad image Islam has suffered over the past 1/2 century. So long as muslim stick to their faith and condemn those who misuse it. so long as we give our zakat to the poor and the needy. so long as we remember our lord. so long as we share our faith to our children, then all should be alright for muslims. let us remember our brothers and sister in palestine who have suffered for many years and are still suffering in what is possibly the biggest open sky prison in the world. children are born muslim there but sadly born in a life of hatred because the enemies have made them so. I wish they were born in a country of love for others. we are all visitors on this earth. our souls will return to our lord. share your faith and do good deeds with good intentions and you will be remembered on the judjment day.
allah bless you and help those who truely need it.

@khalid13: nice words bro...

i am muslim , i wanted to say that there are more in islam than you have mentioned ,you just try to know it more and you will discover
more things
and do not judge things according to whether it suits your traditions or according to what you are used to do in your country