Schengen Tourist Visa

Hi,

I just arrived from Norway last July 10 2015 for tourist visa. My plan to go back there is coming October 15. Can I start to process the papers now because my bf already buy me a ticket and I already have invitation letter.

Thanks in advance.!!

yes,  i believe you can...

Applicants are advised to apply several weeks before their intended journey, but not more than 90 days in advance.

source: Schengen visa Type C - Norway.ph

and along with this,  i believe the UDI guarantee form should not be older than 90 days at the time of ur application...

This guarantee form must not be older than 3 months from the date of issue at the time of application.

source: EXPIRED SOURCE for Schengen Visa type C checklist - Norway.ph

but,  please mind the 90-day within 180-day period rule for type C Schengen visa (tourist/visit visa)

If you have been in the Schengen area in the last 90 days, you must check when it is possible for you to re-enter, and how many days you can stay in Schengen. Please use the visa calculator to check this (ec.europa.eu)

source: Visitor's Visa - UDI.no

enter ur stays in Norway in the calculator to know if u can enter Norway on ur intended date of travel,  and for how long u will be allowed.. click on the (?) icons to guide u on how to use the calculator page..

when did u arrive in Norway and how long have u been there last time? it is really not adviceable to buy a ticket until u get an approved visa..

pheebz0501 wrote:

but,  please mind the 90-day within 180-day period rule for type C Schengen visa (tourist/visit visa)

If you have been in the Schengen area in the last 90 days, you must check when it is possible for you to re-enter, and how many days you can stay in Schengen. Please use the visa calculator to check this (ec.europa.eu)

source: Visitor's Visa - UDI.no

enter ur stays in Norway in the calculator to know if u can enter Norway on ur intended date of travel,  and for how long u will be allowed.. click on the (?) icons to guide u on how to use the calculator page..

Yup my intended to travel is Oct 15. Already 3 months since I been there.

pheebz0501 wrote:

when did u arrive in Norway and how long have u been there last time? it is really not adviceable to buy a ticket until u get an approved visa..

sorry,  i was editing my response when u posted ur answer...  :(

as a rule,  we can only stay in the schengen area for 90 days within a 180-day period... i believe ur intended travel on October 15 passes the 180-day period. :)

Hi,

Please help we have a problem. Because my fiance and me did a mistake when we bought plane ticket going to Norway as a tourist. I have flight sched of October 15 2015 and return January 15 2015. My departure will be October 15 I will enter Schengen area October 16. The problem is I will exceed the 90 days period if i follow my flight schedule. We contact the flight company but they said we cannot change the dates anymore.

Please tell me what to do.

mitz39 wrote:

Hi,

Please help we have a problem. Because my fiance and me did a mistake when we bought plane ticket going to Norway as a tourist. I have flight sched of October 15 2015 and return January 15 2015. My departure will be October 15 I will enter Schengen area October 16. The problem is I will exceed the 90 days period if i follow my flight schedule. We contact the flight company but they said we cannot change the dates anymore.

Please tell me what to do.

You can book an inexpensive trip for a few days to somewhere outside the Schengen zone (such as the UK). Make sure you keep documentation that proves your exit and entry dates in Norway.

Yes good I have an idea now. what places in UK is outside of Schengen? The nearest only.

Hi ECS,

I think UK will require entrance visa in that case ! ..

also Mitz needs to confirm if the  the Schengen visa multiple or single entry !

If your ticket can not be changed, you can book separated return ticket.

Ocean single entry only.

i agree with ocean.. as a filipina, u need a visa to enter UK..

have u already applied for a schengen visa? if not,  u can try see if u can get a multiple entry, theres no additional charges as far as i know.. but then i believe embassy will ask about flight reservations/visa to the side trips in UK (or another country u choose to exit)..

if u don't mind, what airline did u book ur flight? some airlines allow change of dates for a fee, since ur not totally cancelling ur flight..

if there isnt really a chance u can change ur return flight date, like what ocean said, booking a different return flight is another option.. tho will probably cost as much  as round-trip tickets,  sadly :(

China and KLM via gotogate.no

I think that is fine because in visa you have like few days extension. Consult that to norwegian embassy.

I hope it's fine.

Check your visa and the dates..

as far as i know, the additional 15 days in the date validity is for you to have the flexibility of picking flight dates.. its still the allowed "number of days" that matters in terms of "overstaying", since they calculate this based on Schengen entry-exit stamps on ur passport.

the last time i applied for a tourist visa,  i asked about this with a case officer (no VFS yet that time).. because of a storm in Amsterdam from my previous trip last year,  i was actually given by the airline a choice to change my flight dates so i wont have to be stucked in Amsterdam since a lot of flights are already being cancelled.. the lady at the embassy said that overstaying will really be a tough thing to justify especially for applying another visa or getting thru immigration.. but if there was a natural disaster that of course, is something out of our hands, and if u can  prove overstaying is not something u intended,  then they can be ok with it.. luckily, on my flight day,  the storm had passed and my flights werent cancelled.. been to norway 4 times, never had overstayed.. altho,  most times,  my entry stamp is AFTER the intended entry based on my visa. this is because after getting an approved visa, we usually find a cheaper flight a day after my intended travel or the seat i want isnt available anymore... never been questioned about that in immigration,  but i remember being asked about it on my next visa application.. i just told her that the seat i wanted wasnt available anymore,  so i moved to the next day flight.. altho i dont think it matters now because VFS doesnt seem to be as thorough as case officers in the embassy when checking documents u submitted..

u can try email the embassy and ask if they will allow ur ticket for a 2 day excess.. altho in my honest opinion,  the immigration at your first Schengen country of entry  (usually Amsterdam for KLM flights) will be ur major concern.. in my experience, i had always been asked for my return flight since my visas are always type C (tourist/visitors visa) at the immigration in Schiphol airport.. you can use ur tickets with 2 day extra for return flight and hope the immigration officer will not see it.. or even if they  did see it,  maybe they can allow u since its just 2 days.. but still keep in mind that if they happen to be really strict, u can be held for questioning.. in this reality show called "border control: australia" i've seen, they even send back people and refuse entry, especially if they have reason to believe u have no plans of leaving after ur visa expiration.. but yea, probably different rules for Schengen and Australia.. hehe

not trying to scare you or anything, just stating some facts based on my experience,  and some stuff that i know for a fact are the rules..

wish u all the best.!

:)

Hi,

As far as applying now its not a problem. Last time I applied with already purchased ticket for december and I applied sometime in Sep/Oct. My visa was issued from October so in ur case the visa will be issued possibly from the time the date they stamp over 90 days from October. In my case I get 2 year multiple entry visa for the last 3 times because I travel often.

Regarding you return flight the best way contact the KLM (u cn contact thru their fb page) and see if there is any possibility. But I am afraid since u booked thru agent they might not help u.You can tell ur agent u can pay the penalty for changing the date. Or else as other friends suggested book a separate return ticket. I advise to take this option rather than mess up with dates, because it will affect your future applications.

Good luck

Hi Pheebz!

When does the 90 days starts by the way and also the same question for 180 days?
Hahha I'm all over the place! :D

Thanks

Cheers,
Kea

hi kea

these periods starts 90 days or 180 days prior to your planned trip..

lets say your planned trip is October 1 (date of entry) and u have never been to norway or any Schengen country before,  based on the calculator (note the DD/MM/YY date format):

Start of 90 days period: 04/07/15
Start of 180 days period: 05/04/15
The stay may be authorised for up to: 90 day(s)

another sample, lets say u have been to norway July for 20 days and ur planning to go back Oct 1, then you will only be allowed 70 days.

you can play around with the calculator site to see how many days ur planned trips will be allowed. you can click on the (?) icons to guide you on how to use the site

hope this helps  :)

You can use the schengen visa calculator.90 days starts from the day u enter.if u already not aware of the calculator just search in google u can see.

the link on the calculator is on the third post in this thread ;) text in blue are links

Yeah saw that! Thanks...i'm trying to decipher how this works.. lol

:/

Kea Johnsen wrote:

Hi Pheebz!

When does the 90 days starts by the way and also the same question for 180 days?
Hahha I'm all over the place! :D

Thanks

Cheers,
Kea

The 90 day starts on the day you arrived in Schengen. If say for example, you arrived in Norway (or wherever will be your first Schengen country point of entry) on Nov 1, then it is counted as day 1 of the 90-day period. On a 90 consecutive days, the last day would be Jan 29 of the following year. If you have never been in any Schengen country before, then Nov 1 would also be the start of the 180-day period. Counting forward, your 180-day period would be from Nov 1, 2015 - Apr 29, 2016. Consequently, April 30, 2016 would be the start of your new 90/180 day cycle.

If you want to distribute your allowable 90 days stay in 180 day period, i.e, if you are planning to travel to Norway several times during the 180 days, then make sure the total number of days for all your planned visit during that period will not exceed 90 days.  Say for example you stay for 14 days, from Nov 1 - Nov 14, then you return again Jan 1 - Jan  30, that would count as 44 days. You would still have  46 days allowable days in 180-day cycle. So maybe you may want to travel again to Norway Mar 15 - Apr 29, 2016. You will not have to wait for another 90 day to pass before you can apply again for a visa after this 180-day cycle. Based on the previous example, you could apply again for a visa the next day after Apr 29!

A multiple-entry Schengen visa would be ideal for this plan as it will save you the cost of applying the visa again and again. But then, if you have never been to Norway before, the embassy might only give you a single-entry visa. If so, you will have to apply again for a visa the next time you travel back to Norway. You can't use the same single-entry visa you used the first time you travelled to Norway. You need to apply again for a subsequent travel.

hi Kea.

i decided to answet your question in this thread since this is a more relevant thread..

Kea Johnsen wrote:

Stephy25...

Wow! I didn't know this! Gah I'm so clueless..thanks a lot.....isn't it a tad bit difficult to get approval for multiple entry?

original post here

like stephy said in the other thread,  the Schengen visa allows u to any Schengen country, provided u follow the 90/180 days rule... i had been to norway and sweden with a single entry,  never been a problem.. a multiple entry visa allows you multiple entry to the Schengen area if you exit to a non-Schengen country.. u dont need a multiple entry if it still within Schengen (like France, Denmark, etc).. since Philippines is ur exit,  then u need a multiple to go back to Norway (or Schengen) without applying again for another single entry.. you can read more about which countries are in the Schengen Area here: Schengen Area - Wikipedia

in my personal experience, since i had been going back and forth, i had asked about multiple  entry visa to the embassy.. this is what they told me:

Multiple entry visa is usually given to applicants who have valid reasons to request such, and as proof, the applicant must provide supporting documents for the need of multiple entries. Examples of these are the flight ticket reservation, the invitation letter and guarantee letter (UDI Form, if bound for Norway; VU2 Form if destination is Denmark; Form 241011, f for Sweden).
Insurance should be valid during the time of your travels.

a sample "valid reason" given to me is that you go back to the Schengen area so frequently, like for business,  and applying all the time for single entries will cause u inconvenience and delays..

i had never tried to acquire a multiple entry coz we thought that buying a year worth of travel insurance isnt worth it since i dont frequent schengen that much, the most i had been to Schengen was twice a year for the past years.. but the good thing about the multiple entry is that its the same visa fee as the single entry.. and since VFS in the Philippines have an additional Php1250 processing fee,  it will be less expenses if u only apply once and be able to get back and forth to Norway. but like Ainos said,  since its ur first time, the embassy may not grant you one right away..

hope this helps. :)

@Pheebz

Oh okay... can I apply for both? Single and multiple? Or if I apply for multiple will they downgrade it Single if they find insufficient reason for me to go back and forth?

Would my job be a valid reason for going back and forth because I'm only allowed a certain vaca leave or I have no job to go back too if use up all the 90 days! hahahahhah

Appreciate this!

Cheers
Kea :D

Job willnot b the only criteria.they may look at whether married or having other strong ties with home country.how many times u visited schengen country b4.they will look at it if u apply for multiple.i got multiple fr 2years since 2010 bcoz i work outside of my homecountry nd applied from there

i dont think you can apply for both since when u log at the application portal,  u can only pick either multi or single... one application cant be both.. and if they  find ur reasons insufficient, i dont think they will downgrade the multiple to single  entry but they might deny it instead.. cant be 100% sure tho..

you can try ask the embassy about your situation,  since cases are different.. btw,  when i inquired about multiple entry,  it was back when my husband and I were still "bf/gf".. maybe ur case is different since u are already married :)

Pheebz is right, you can't apply for both, it's either single or multiple entry. If you apply for multiple-entry but you didn't provide sufficient proof, i.e., documents to show the need for multiple entry, then the embassy will only grant you single entry.

In my experience, I had been issued multiple-entry the first time I applied for Schengen visa at the Norwegian Embassy Makati...but that's because I was also going to travel outside the Schengen area for 2 weeks at that time and then return again to Schengen. I had to provide an itinerary for that travel outside the Schengen. The second time I applied, I was only issued a single entry even though I applied for a multiple entry because I didn't provide enough documentations to justify my need for a multiple-entry. My subsequent visas were multiple-entry...I guess because I had proven my integrity and reliability as I have held and abided by the terms  of my previous Schengen and other countries' visas.

I am not sure about Norway, but other Nordic countries like Denmark and Sweden grants a multiple-entry visa for those families of an EU/EA citizen e.g., spouses, children, etc...if they can prove they don't have any intention of staying long term in the country like for example, if they don't have a pending application for a family reunification and they have social/economic ties back in their home country.  You may have to ask the Norwegian embassy about it.

By the way, having a multiple entry visa doesn't mean you ignore the restrictions of the 90/180 day rule. You still have to follow that rule. But it allows you to travel back and forth to Schengen in any given days within the 180 day limit, provided the total number of days of all those visits will not exceed 90 days.

Hi! any travel insurance you can recommend?

Try www.axa-schengen.com

They have low cost travel insurance and they will email it to you right away after you paid for it.

Ainos1912 wrote:

Try www.axa-schengen.com

They have low cost travel insurance and they will email it to you right away after you paid for it.

i always use axa too, for convenience... u get all the documents online, plus they have a feature where the embassy can validate ur coverage... when i got denied,  refund was no hassle as well.. i just emailed them the denial pdf sent by the  embassy and my credit card was refunded.. never had to use it for anything tho, fortunately :D

Thanks

Hey guys!

Thanks a lot for the info :) Appreciate it big time ..though I am not active here all the time