Moving to Mainland China - Want to Buy a Motorcycle - Advice please!!!

Hi Everyone,

American expat here - I'm moving to the East Coast of China next month, and want to buy a touring and travel the country on it.  Anyone living in China with advice would be greatly appreciated: prices, dealers, websites, what to expect, problems, etc, etc?

Thanks in advance.

I am in a similiar situation. I am in Jiangsu province. I am married to a local girl, have passed my medical tests (300Yuan), spent another 800yuan to get my resident visa, good for 12 months. Had to get my Australian license translated, stamped by local govt and police authorities. With a little help from my wife's uncle's friend with ties to the roads authority, was finally given my Chinese driving license, with my motorcycle priveledges.
Rules can differ greatly city to city. I may not own anything above 250cc, and freeways and city CBD area is off limits. God damn E bikes have no restrictions and are the real cause of traffic mayhem. I have seen some Hondas, Suzukis, 250cc new for a little over 20,000yuan. My Aussie dollar is close enough to parity with US, so about AU$3000. Then there are Chinese manufacturers using above mentioned Honda drive trains, that cost even less. The Alibaba suppliers may be a bit dodgy?! I would recommend you get licensed first step, and then in terms of acquiring a bike, find a physical shop where you are living, to remove the scammer risk.