Relocation help required for Athens

My family and I are relocating to Athens next year because of my husband's work. He will be working in Pireaus but I'd really like the children to go to one of the British schools, so as not to disrupt their education. Could somebody please advise me of the best places to live for school and my husband's work. Ideally I don't want a long commute for either.

Thanks

Welcome to Expat.com, Ancient :)
I'm sure some of the active members of the forum will soon come with appropriate responses (I transferred your topic to Athens forum for a better visbility).
Good luck
Arlette

That would depend on where your husband's job is and where the school is..?:/
Piraeus by train is about 20 min from Athens, that is if u take the train at say Omonoia / Monastiraki stations which are central athens, terminal station is Piraeus, right at the port.

Too little info to give you a helpful reply though! :)

The schools are far in the north and the job is right down in the south... either way you will have a long commute unfortunately, and will have to cross central Athens daily... The only option is for your husband to get a motorcycle.

Suburban train, "PROASTIAKOS" can take you from Larissis station ,which is basically central athens and connect to the metro to Piraeus in 20 min. which is also terminal station, across from the Port. Now..depends WHERE in Piraeus he works, its a big suburb.