Does anyone know any good expat life insurers in Hong Kong?

Hi there  :D

I moved to Hong Kong in February with my wife and daughter and am loving the atmosphere, the lifestyle and the culture. It is everything I hoped for and more!

The one thing that I haven't been able to get around is the idea of finding a good expat life insurer in Hong Kong. The rates charged by my bank back in England are horrendous and i have been searching for the appropriate expat insurer for quite some time. I did find one that looked really great earlier this year, which was at expatlifeinsurer.com. They were helpful, friendly and got me a quote very quickly. However, I like to get a good comparison of a lot of providers and so if you guys can recommend me any decent expat sites to take a look at that would be great. I'm not expecting to find anyone better than these guys but it is always worth being prepared in my book.

Thanks a lot!

Hi
There are a number of brokers on the market that can certainly help you make a choice. They are usually able to negotiate more interesting contractual conditions and prices than individual customers, so I would definitely give it a try.

Hi there,

I second mars2012hk's idea of using a broker to search for your insurance in Hong Kong, whether for life insurance or other. That way, you only need to bother with one company and they can compare the prices from all the various insurers in Hong Kong.

My personal experience with Pacific Prime would lead me to recommend them to you. A great option that should be pretty easy to find on Google.

Happy hunting!

Thanks a lot guys, the information was really helpful. Anyone else who you have used before/heard about that I should check out?

Hi Alex,

Are you looking at life insurance or medical insurance? They are different. Life is more or less like a saving. Medical is about hospitalization.

Please remember to check if there is any excess which insurer will need to pay upfront first before insurance company stepping in. Usually higher premium, less excess.

Besides, look under out-patient coverage. Sometimes, visiting a doctor without hospitalized may not be covered also.

All the best !!!

Hi Jime

It is life insurance that I am currently looking for, thanks for the advice though!