Information about the invitation letter

hi there i want to know that if i am sending an invtation letter to one friend to visit me here in brazil?
why the embassy is asking him for tax bills or many other things which have no connection with the visit visa ?

They certainly do have something to do with issue of the visa.

First of all they serve to prove that your friend has the financial resources to support himself during his entire stay in Brazil, Bank statements mean little since several people can get together and pool their funds temporarily in order to obtain visas.

Second tax statements may also show ownership of real property, and give a true reflection of total income which can prove the individual has substantial ties to the country and thus intends to return home following the visit.

Finally, are you a permanent resident or citizen of Brazil? Are you a member of the individual's immediate family? If not then the government (any government) will always look very closely into an applicant's personal and financial background before issuing a visa of any kind.

Also what is your friend's (and your) citizenship originally? I can tell you from personal knowledge that if your friend (or you) are citizens of India, Pakistan or Bangladesh then it's going to be about 20 times harder to obtain any category of a visa for Brazil than for citizens of any other countries. The requirements for citizens of those countries and also some African countries are much more rigid. While that may not sound fair, international law makes it quite legal. Nowadays many countries actually use a list of countries that are most likely to produce refugee claims, if your country is on that list (and Pakistan certainly is) you can pretty much count on having to jump through all kinds of extra hoops and hurdle all kinds of barriers, if you even get a visa at all. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

So now you know.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

hi thanks for the reply i have much more to say but i think its better just to thank you because i dont talk ***

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : inappropriate comment

You can verify that with the many Pakistani members that I have personally assisted in coming to Brazil. I was just telling you exactly what the situation is, how the Brazilian government treats citizens from Pakistan, India and Bangladesh much differently from those of other nations. If you're angry at anyone it should be the Brazilian government, not me. Perhaps if you take some time to actually read some of the information on this forum, and see some of the advice and help I've given out, you would see just how wrong you are in making such offensive comments as calling someone a racist. When you've done so, then come back and apologize because you're just plain WRONG.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

well i respact all the information you gave but mentioning some countries is not a good way of explaining.
and i know a lot of people too which came on the same visa from these countries and got a visa easily i just wanted to clear this doubt that why the embassy is asking for a income tax pappers ?
if the person coming here is a student and just be here for a period less then a month i just didnt get that otherwise all is done well if you think my reply was a bit harsh and offensive well i am sorry then but i just found it like this way

I'm sorry but you seem to completely misunderstand. I am not giving any of my personal opinions, I am only telling you exactly the way the Brazilian government treats visa applications from Pakistan, Bangladesh, India and some African countries.

I certainly hope that some of the Pakistani members here that I have personally assisted in coming to this country will post their comments here so you will see just how absolutely wrong you are.

We have an old saying in the English language.......... You don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message.

I am not involved with the government in any way, I don't have anything at all to do with visas, or the policies this government has in regard to issuing visas. I'm just telling you the way things are. I'm sorry, but you've just joined, you know nothing about Expat-blog, and quite obviously know absolutely nothing about me and the hundreds of hour I volunteer each month here to help people from all over the world, or you wouldn't make such offensive comments as calling someone a racist.

Things are the way they are, I am not responsible for them in any way.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Amir, you misunderstood James.

It's just a fact that holders of those passports have a very difficult time getting visas. The Brazil government may ask those passport holders for more information than they do of other passports....even then, it's not too likely that a passport will be given.

Hello please help i have a friend in brazil and i want to go there to visit him how can i satrt please

divinahmwango3 wrote:

Hello please help i have a friend in brazil and i want to go there to visit him how can i satrt please

Invitation Letter if you will visit a friend in Brazil: He/she needs to send you an invitation letter duly recognized by a notary public in Brazil (“Cartório”), confirming invitation, address, and length of stay. Copy of your friend document as a passport or Brazilian ID, address confirmation can be a copy of the electricity invoice.   
Your friend needs to visit the Cartório and they can help.
S/he needs to be a Brazilian or permanent resident.

Hi

This is Ahamd from Afghanistan

I have Brazilian friend he want to invite me but he don't know how to start is there is anyone who knows what should he do.....

Thanks🥰

09/04/23 Good afternoon, Ahmad. Send this link of a model invitation letter to your friend:

https://www.jusbrasil.com.br/modelos-pe … 1127133651

He should fill in the required information, have his signature on the letter authenticated at his local cartório (notary office) and send it to you to present to the Brazilian Consulate with the documents supporting your request. He should keep several authenticated originals, in case one is lost.

@abthree Thank you sir for such a useful information 🥰

@Amir Waqas bahi how much bank statement invation letter for three months