Moving to Malaysia i need suggestions

Hi all,

I'm Moving to malaysia kuala lumpur next month august 20th 2015, i have quick queries. please help me out. I have valid work permit visa which was sponsored by one of employer he is a CEO of the company, he was obtained Employment pass for me, i need to hunt the job over there, i have 4.5 years of experience  in to IT as a User Interface / design/ development. Can any one give me a suggestions that how soon i can achieve a job in better ways for applying jobs, your suggestions are more precious for me.

Thanks,
Durgesh.

What you write is rubbish - you have to send your passport to immigration in Malaysia to get the work permit inserted and its only valid for the company who issues it. So you work for them.  If you want to change jobs, then you have to cancel that permit and the new employer has to apply for a new one based on their company.

Only very large companies can "sponsor" work permits - its hard to tell what is really going on, but it sounds very dodgy what you have got into. Remember  that the moment you send your passport to immigration  when you perhaps are lucky enough to get another job, they will see whether the "permit" you have is valid...... Anyway, that's your set of problems to navigate.

You could of course be on a foreign worker pass - that needs a visa with reference from the Malaysian High Commission (or British if Malaysian not available) before you arrive. You should have had your medical in your current company and passed all the tests. Then you come and your employer submits your passport for the pass upon arrival - remember your medical results.

So really - you are in deep waters. This is because jobs in Malaysia are strictly associated with an employer. Don't forget whatever salary you have been "promised" you pay 25% income tax from the first day till day 182. So you are running up a tax bill the moment you arrive in Malaysia as well - Tax and Immigration databases are linked - so no hiding place.

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for your suggestions, But i want be very clear here, i have valid Employment pass that was single entry to okay on board which was stamped here in India, once i arrived over there my employer who obtained visa he will take care of other stuff which your saying, he said this is valid to 24 months and if i get the job i need NOC form this employer he will give me that. it's nothing but in a single line i can say i bought work permit visa. Company was good established one no issues in that.

Thanks.

Well just remember you are paying 25% tax on the salary - and your friend needs to register you, get a tax number, and deduct the tax from your salary i.e. he/you have to pay you something to the tax office immediately from when the job starts...... Leave that nonsense to you.

Try the usual websites to see if you can get work e.g. Emerio, Careerjet, Jobstreet. But of course networking is  the best way. Only problem is there will be problems if you try and move within  months of arriving...... so you will be with your current employer for quite some time.......... Keep quiet about what you are doing though because the employer will be paying a huge fine if he is found out for offering fake employment.   

Do remember your original certificates and university transcripts need to be presented to immigration. So make sure you have them translated and authenticated by the university before you arrive.

Main issue is that your salary has to be a minimum of RM5k per month - so don't apply for anything that pays less. The tax on that is RM1250 tax per month whilst you are non resident i.e. for the first 182 days in Malaysia.

Yes i agree, due to that tax problem he mentioned less Basic he said RM 3500/- I went through documentation which he asked all my education certificates, latest CV, photos etc.

If I understand you correctly, you are being brought into Malaysia by this company on their employment. They are probably MSC registered which makes it easy for them to get you a visa/work permit. You will be tied to their pass but thy will subcon you to other companies and take a cut. This is quite common, though illegal, here. I would suggest you are very clear on expectations from your employer. As Gravitas pointed out, your employer has to ensure you have valid health insurance and need to register you. All this costs money and is likely coming from your wages if you haven't 'procured' your EP. The websites suggested are the best place to look. You can also make speculative applications to targeted employers based on your skillet.

So you are going to be on a Professional Pass III. not an employment pass - the period is only a year at a time. You are putting yourself in a very problematic position indeed. I assume your "friend" is not paying you anything so you are personally liable for all expenses.

i heard highly skilled professionals medical is not required he said  just i want to be clear with you as well.

The company by law HAS to arrange medical insurance - by the way you cannot be regarded as a highly skilled professional on RM3.5k per month.  You have to earn RM12k per month to be in that category. At that salary you future is very bleak as your tax and expenses will absorb most of the income you are not actually earning. I hope you have plenty of cash to bring with you. Expect room to cost you RM700 per month and COL to be RM30 per day.

Gravitas room was arranged, no issues with that. as well i'm getting a fear by seeing your reply what was crash the way your giving reply to me is really unhappy.

This is about the visa

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/latest-ne … n-15-july/

Gravitas can i add you on skype or any other Im, so that i can clear this things

Thanks.

The Highly Skilled Professional salary level of RM12k per month is based on the Talentcorp requirement. Just to clear up why this figure was mentioned i.e. RM144k per annum for 3 years to qualify for that 5 year + 5 year pass.

Gravitas thanks for your answers now my only query is i can reach there based on the visa i spoke to you, in the earlier messages. as well can i search a job please kindly answer.

myfundas thanks for your reply i got visa permit as you said and reference letter for single entry stamping i got like this Our reference: xxx so now visa was stamped. my travelling date was fixed to move on next month 20th August .

Thanks.

It is tough to get a job in Malaysia, but there seem to be a lot of Indians moving here in the IT sector. You do have a chance but it will be tough to get a good package. Im not sure about your reasons for leaving India to search for a job in Malaysia, but be ready for a tough ride. Good luck!

Yes you have what is called a Visa with Reference to enter the country. So you are firmly in the immigration system and next is the tax system

The date from which you become liable for income tax payments in Malaysia will be determined as the date the working permit is placed in your passport. The amount of tax will be a flat 25% for the first 182 days of a calendar year. As there are not 182 days left in 2015, you will remain tax non-resident for a further 182 days in 2016. So you will be running up a large tax bill - that is what is relevant about your way of entering Malaysia.

You cant really say to the taxman that you weren't employed and receiving a salary can you?

If you manage to find another job, you will have to settle your tax bill accrued under your first employer before a new working permit of any kind is issued.

I think there is a new rule now that the tax office will also ask to see your bank account records showing the deposit of your salary - so all in all you are heading into a brick wall.

Are people missing the OPs point?

In the first post he said he has been given an employment pass as the ability to come and look for a job. The company who provided the pass apparently never intended to hire him, just give him a way to stay in the country and look for a real job. Thats why he asked for advice about getting a job in the IT sector after he arrives. **IF** that is the case, the ensuing posts dont matter because there is no specific employer/job being talked about by the OP.

And again, if I have understood him correctly, he believes that workpass gives him carte blanche to gain employment with any company, not realizing that pass is valueless unless he works for the company that gave the pass. There is no such thing as a general employment permit which allows work with anyone, the entire exercise was for nothing. His footing is no firmer than any other TOURIST.

Lastly, its unclear from any of his posts that his passport bears an orange employment sticker, together with the wallet card, and I find it hard to believe the friend in Malaysia who was trying to help him get here went so far as to actually perfect a real workpass. What is the form of the workpass supposedly held, is it a letter or what is it?

I cant tell if this thread is pointless, unclear, misunderstood or what. But its not kosher.

Know exactly what is happening CVCO but some things are discussed by PM.

cvco wrote:

Are people missing the OPs point?

In the first post he said he has been given an employment pass as the ability to come and look for a job. The company who provided the pass apparently never intended to hire him, just give him a way to stay in the country and look for a real job. Thats why he asked for advice about getting a job in the IT sector after he arrives. **IF** that is the case, the ensuing posts dont matter because there is no specific employer/job being talked about by the OP.

And again, if I have understood him correctly, he believes that workpass gives him carte blanche to gain employment with any company, not realizing that pass is valueless unless he works for the company that gave the pass. There is no such thing as a general employment permit which allows work with anyone, the entire exercise was for nothing. His footing is no firmer than any other TOURIST.

Lastly, its unclear from any of his posts that his passport bears an orange employment sticker, together with the wallet card, and I find it hard to believe the friend in Malaysia who was trying to help him get here went so far as to actually perfect a real workpass. What is the form of the workpass supposedly held, is it a letter or what is it?

I cant tell if this thread is pointless, unclear, misunderstood or what. But its not kosher.

Yes I agree.

Overall either a con or fraud.

Its neither a con or a fraud - its an ill-advised arrangement.

Gravitas wrote:

Its neither a con or a fraud - its an ill-advised arrangement.

In Malaysia often an "ll advised arrangement" or a "special deal" is what the US or UK call fraud!