Cohabitation

Hello everyone
I m considering a position in Bangladesh.
I m a european single man with an African girlfriend, so not married yet. She is Muslim.
Would it be possible to invite her in Dhaka and share a appartement and the life there?
I would de grateful if you  could share your thoughts or experiences with me.
Thanks in advance!

Hello Martinmagna,

Welcome to Expat.com  :)

Please note that i moved your thread on the anglophone version of the Dhaka forum as your post is in english.

You will surely get better interactions and some feedback with members of this forum.

Best of luck , ;)
Bhavna

As a foreigner you can live like that.....but for us its a problem....hahaha. Generally, Live-together is socially and religiously prohibited for Muslim, right but now a days lots of people are doing that in here. So I think it is not a big deal for you.

There may be immigration issues as well.

Hi there
                 It shouldn't be  a big deal. there are many  living together couple's in Dhaka.as  far as i know.  good luck

Hi
I don't think it will be a problem. Bangladesh is a moderate Muslim country. Beside people of Bangladesh don't bother with other national's culture. I don't think anyone will even ask you about the matter.

Welcome to Bangladesh.

Living together won't be a big deal at all. Normally it's like open secret in the country a lot of local even do it. But if u are looking a good job here that won't be so easy, i don't know your background and but there is always job for qualified people. There is many mnc here and also a many international school u can try ur luck. Normally if u are living a normal life in dhaka 1500 Usd is enough for 2 persons living. If u need more about dhaka feel free to ask me inbox
Thanks
Sahel