I intend to retire next year and looking for advices

Hi, I intend to retire next year. My partner and I are going to have a look around in the Murcia/ Costa calida region in September. I initially intend to rent for a while until I find my feet, any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi Charles layton,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Murcia forum for more visibility and interaction with the members. :)

What kind of advices are you looking for please?
How can we help you? Do not hesitate to ask specific questions, as specific questions = specific answers. ;)

For a good start, you might want to read the New online Spain guide. It contains a lot of useful information.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi, Rent for your first winter, this is very sensible. You will pick up very cheap rentals, in fact you will wonder what si the point in buying. I did 7 years on the southern costa blanca and now 8 years in Mallorca. My advice is keep your capital and investments in the UK, enjoy what Spain offers minimise any contracts here, hire everything you can rather than buy, even cars and keep life simple....

Hello,
I am in a very similar position as yourself regarding age  Unfortunately, I have no information to give you about hospitals in the area.

We spent a month last year in Los Alcazares and my wife and I are going again in Mid Oct  for 60 days to 'try' out the area again but staying this time in Santiago de la Ribera. We are pondering buying a small place in Murcia, my wife is very cool about buying, but still retaining our East Yorkshire base for the warmer British months

If you haven't already done so try out winter months in Murcia, it is very very different from Summer months. Much of the Mar Menor smaller areas and in particular La Manga close down and you might discover that the winter is not for you. It is very quiet generally with few people around but we find there are enough Bars and Restaurants open and they satisfy our simple needs. We always have a hire car out there and that allows to explore Murcia.

If I can help you in any other way please ask.

Martin

Hi, we looked around where you want to go retire to .... Us too ..we decided to look at Algorfa , not far from guardamar . half hours drive from torrevieja up to costa blanca south , la zenia , punta prima .
Algorfa is lovely , plenty places to rent to see if you can settle there , you would need a car though .
They have a Algorfa forum on facebook , join and see what you think ....   
We are selling our house in uk in October and hop to move there next year , both will be retired .... yippee
Happy days