Uk TV in the Canary Islands

Hi, is UK TV available in the Canary Islands? We used to get it in Spain until the UK changed the satelite. Regards and thanks in advance.

I'm afraid the UK channels are all on the 28.2ºE position, which except Astra 2G, are out of sight from the Canary Islands. If you are a Sky subscriber you can watch the channels listed under the Astra 2G beam shown in this link: http://es.kingofsat.net/packages.php?&i … &filtre=no (basically the "rubbish" channels plus BT, documentaries and a few others). Freesat, which is where the BBC and all the free to air channels would normally be, are broadcast on satellites that are focused on the UK and nowhere else.

So that rules out watching UK TV via satellite. What you CAN do, and is probably a better idea, is to settle on a combination of iPlayer/SkyPlayer and a proxy service that "cheats" your provider into thinking you're connecting from the UK. ProXPN is the proxy I use, and it also works with US providers as you can switch between many countries: http://www.proxpn.com

Note that in order to use this method you must have an existing TV license or Sky subscription in the UK.

Hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for the info. If I use the system iPlayer/Sky player can these be watched on the TV set? At the mo I am in Spain and having to watch all UK programmes via my computer - not a good option.Regards and thanks again.

Well you can get freesat on the Costa Blanca but that's of no help to you.

It sounds like your best bet is via the internet and if that is the case it will come down to what you want to watch and what quality you can put up with and also your internet speed.
There are really any number of ways you can watch pretty much anything you like online and all you would need is a cable going from your tv to computer to watch it on the tv and if the tv is a smart tv you can use that for things like filmon.
I'm was watching via filmon on the tv via a gaming system and was quite happy with that but now we have a satellite dish but still use filmon from time to time.

Personally I don't see much need to pay for a subscription based service or a android type box but that is me, pretty much everything those boxes do can be done on your computer for nothing but it can be complicated at first.

It must be available in any country. If not, you can use VPN.