How foreigners should drive in Vietnam ?

Hi everybody,

I was driving this afternoon on CMT8 street and suddenly an Anglo arrived behind and beeped me. I was on the left side of the lane, couldn't go faster or on the right side, and didn't want to cross over the center line. I know this is the usual way to do in Vietnam (crossing the center line) but I never do that, especially on CMT8 which is one of the busiest street in HCMC. As he kept beeping and then hurled at me, I slowed down and asked him to keep calm and drive slowly.
I first talked to him in Vietnamese, but as he didnt understand, I had to speak English. This is something I dont understand, but well... ok. And then, he crossed over the center line saying "If you don't know how to drive, come back your country !" and then disappeared, zigzagging and beeping...

1) I dont understand why he said that. I've been in Vietnam for 6 years, married a Vietnamese woman, running a business here, and speak Vietnamese. Why should I come back my country if I dont know how to drive ?
2) if I drive safely, does it mean I dont know how to drive in Vietnam ? Should I drive dangerously as some Vietnamese do (fortunately, not many), especially with my wife behind me ?
3) Why foreigners "have to" drive fast and dangerously ? This is something I can't understand. Because some Vietnamese drive this way doesn't mean this is the way in Vietnam. Most of the people here drive safely (in a strange way maybe, but safely). I might understand if some Vietnamese, young, with no education, and who don't know anything about foreign countries don't drive safely. But I really can accept that from foreigners.

This is not the first time I see foreigners driving dangerously. Is that me who have a problem or what ? I have already seen accidents on the road and people died right in front of me (even an infant !!), so I'm very narrow-minded about safety on the road. So please, tell me how foreigners should drive in Vietnam.

PS: If that guy read this message, I would be happy to talk with him by PM.

Hm! I think u shouldnt care about that guy. U've been here 6 years then i bet u know not everyone like that. He is rude, ignore him. Dont let him ruin ur day :)
anyway, choose the right things to do and never doubt it

There s no rule for foreigners how to drive on road other than the common traffic rules  :)
People are different, so there method of driving also different. Also depends situations one may change his driving speed too. If some emergency we cannot go below 40, right? All we can do is take the right most lane if we would like to drive slowly. Let others take other lane to drive fast, if they want. Even kids take the central lane to ride a bicycle here  :)  Nobody stop them from doing that. That's the traffic here. Or who else has time for awareness in this busy life?