Friends in Singapore??

Seems like it's really hard to find friends in Singapore!  Considering it's size I was under the impression it'll be an easy task but not according to the posts in this forum!! not good since I'll be moving soon! hmmmm.....

Is it due to time constraint, busy work schedule or are people simply not friendly enough in Singapore?

hi, nice to meet you. i'm new in this forume.. firstly a warm welcome to singapore..

i'm Eileen.. you are?? :)
have a good day~

eileenchen wrote:

hi, nice to meet you. i'm new in this forume.. firstly a warm welcome to singapore..

i'm Eileen.. you are?? :)
have a good day~

Hey, nice to meet you too Eileen. Thank you for the warm welcome. Tell me more about Singapore, places to visit, shopping, food etc

Hope to hear from you soon :)

ultechm8 wrote:

Hi redvelvet,

Im J, we can be friends. Maybe most of the people here have a busy lifestyle and making new friends are in the bottom of their priority.

Cheers,

J

Hello J, maybe your right :) Tell me more about yourself...

later :)

ultechm8, How do you like Singapore so far? What industry are you in if you don't mind asking?

Take care

Hi, there are a lot of nice local food that you can try in singapore.. Carrot cake, chicken rice prawn mee etc.. Too many nice food here.. If you want you can send me private msg and we could meet up for some food hunting.. :) there isn't much place to visit in singapore but the universal studio is the latest attraction and its quite nice.. Sentosa is quite a nice place to relax.. Hope to hear from you soon :) peace :):)

Hi!!  I have just came to work in Singaopore from Sweden and don t know many people. I would appriciate communication ;))

eileenchen wrote:

Hi, there are a lot of nice local food that you can try in singapore.. Carrot cake, chicken rice prawn mee etc.. Too many nice food here.. If you want you can send me private msg and we could meet up for some food hunting.. :) there isn't much place to visit in singapore but the universal studio is the latest attraction and its quite nice.. Sentosa is quite a nice place to relax.. Hope to hear from you soon :) peace :):)

Hello there, good to hear back from you :) thanks for the info Would love to go food hunting with you....Check you inbox :)

Svet_Lana wrote:

Hi!!  I have just came to work in Singaopore from Sweden and don t know many people. I would appriciate communication ;))

Hey there, what do you do? How long have you been in Singapore and how are you finding it so far?

Take care

Can be hard to make friends if we dont try. Say hello, go to places of interests like if you like sports join a team or go to a park. If you like to read go to a store or a public library and smile. JW

Hello papsikels, yes that would be great. When are you moving? I'll be there in a few days!!

cheers :)

Yes, I hope I can make some friends there as well. Moving there alone soon for work.

Jacek wrote:

Yes, I hope I can make some friends there as well. Moving there alone soon for work.

Hey Jacek, where are you moving from?

Hope all goes well for you.

Good luck!

Thank you papsikels, I'll keep you all posted :)

Keep in touch I'll show you around when you move :)

Cheers :)

Hi joseph00, how's life for you so far in Singapore? Wow, France sounds so exciting. what brings you to Singapore?

Good luck!! hope all works out for you :)

Hi dear Redvelet,

I can say France was one of the best countries that I have ever seen. I am here to work for a manufacturing company, How about you?

Hello All! Welcome to Singapore :) I've been living here for 4 years. If there's anything you want to know more about this city, dont hesitate to keep in touch...:)

I found it hard to find friends in Singapore, I hope I can make some.

Hi guys! Why don't you organise an expat meet up? ;)

Hey SAgirl, hope your enjoying Singapore. How long have you been here? What brings you to Singapore?

Cheers

Hi, everyone :) I've been here in Singapore for over 2 years now and I think it's not really hard to make friends.. Just like what JWilliamson said, you just have to go to places of interests, joins clubs, etc. And most importantly, show up at meet-ups.. it's a very good way to make new friends and network. I love SG! :)

Hiya guys, whoever is free on Friday head down to Blu Jazz Cafe.

See thread for details. https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=53425

Hi,
I am French and I will live to Singapore very soon (december).
I hope I will find new friends too!
btw, do you know what would be great on new year's eve? a club? a bar?

Hey Guys!

Im a newbie to this network. Looking for new friends to hang out with in this small city. Anybody up for some drinks over the weekend maybe? =)

Hi All,
I'm newbie to this forum, anyway keen to get to learn some friends. For movies, library or jogging. Anyway it'll be great if anyone also in ACCA course, can share your learning tips. Thanks and to hear from friends all over the world in Singapore!

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and Singapore as well! i AM a Canadian Chinese And i wanna meet new frds!

Hi everyone,

I am new in this forum too!!! I'm french and I moved to Singapore at the end of november 2010. I spent a great month and I met very nice people and very interesting.
For the moment I am in Kuala Lumpur for 2 more weeks (I found a small job) and then 5 days in Bali! 31th, I returned to Singapore for 3 months of active research work.
I hope to see you during this period (all of you).

;-)

Hi I am newbie came to singapore for work.
looking for friends to go around ..

Hey, i've just moved to singapore.

Living in Toa Payoh and working near turf city. If anyone would like to meet, i'm just a laid back aussie boy, about to turn 26!!, .. looking to find some friends or someone who wants to play some sports or join a sports club, .. or just hang out.

Send me a message if your interested in catching up.

I think its better for us to have a new comers meet up :P

I'm new here!
Well, this week I'll be in Singapore for my OJT for a year!
That's pretty long and I wish I could have new friends there. :D

Christine wrote:

Hi guys! Why don't you organise an expat meet up? ;)

yeap good idea!! I have proposed too in the forum its so difficult and cold throught the web so who wants to meet up
in some nice place and get together?

my name is louise Im spanish.

melanie_r wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am new in this forum too!!! I'm french and I moved to Singapore at the end of november 2010. I spent a great month and I met very nice people and very interesting.
For the moment I am in Kuala Lumpur for 2 more weeks (I found a small job) and then 5 days in Bali! 31th, I returned to Singapore for 3 months of active research work.
I hope to see you during this period (all of you).

;-)

hi melanie how are you Im studying french nice to meet you! let me know if you want to meet for a coffee Im also a job seeker by now in singapore..

see you

Its a good idea for us to meet up! anyone wanna meet up this weekend or next weekend?

Count me in..

me too please, [email protected]

can anyone suggest a place?

yeap why not??!! I would recommend to organise a expat meet up what all you think of getting together in this lovely beach club this weekend , we can wear something white  for exemple. or ask the receptionist for the expat party simply.

this is the club website.
its so nice you can have a drink and eat something meanwhile you enjoy the sun on the beach. its also recommended for families.

tanjongbeachclub.com/

what about saturday 5pm?

cheers to all of you!

louise38 wrote:

yeap why not??!! I would recommend to organise a expat meet up what all you think of getting together in this lovely beach club this weekend , we can wear something white  for exemple. or ask the receptionist for the expat party simply.

this is the club website.
its so nice you can have a drink and eat something meanwhile you enjoy the sun on the beach. its also recommended for families.

tanjongbeachclub.com/

what about saturday 5pm?

cheers to all of you!

Sounds Great for me!

Hi its nice to read from all of you.I will be moving to singapore soon and hope we meet then.