American looking for expat friends in Florida

Hi all, I'm from the US, but I lived abroad for a few years, and my husband is from England.  We would like to meet other expats in Florida.  We currently live near Gainesville, but we often travel around the state on the weekends.  Please let me know if you'd like to meet up some time.

Hello marly79 :)

Subscribing to the Networking in Florida section of the forum is a good way to keep connected whenever members are wishing for meet ups, you will be notified.

Participating on threads in that section too is a good way to find friends around

Regards
Kenjee

Dear Marly,

My name is Isabelle, I'm Currently back in Europe but will be moving to the Tampa area very soon ( in 1 month time , currently waiting for the visa ) .
I have 2 sons  and a lovely husband from Belgium and I will be very happy to meet you and your family in the future .
we will be living probably in Palm Harbor, scouting for houses right now.

I do teach French , and I will be very happy to meet new people .
Keep in touch,

Isabelle

That's great.  Please let me know when you arrive.  I love Clearwater.  Where will you teach?

Hi Marty,

Should be relocating end of next month at the latest .

I will organise private lessons first  or just chat with friends interested to learn about an another culture and new language  ;-) ( conversation, cooking classes in French maybe as well  ...) .

I'm a certified teacher for teaching French to non French speaking people, and English for non English speaking  people ;-)

Since we are relocating through an investor visa, I will mainly work in our new company ( located in Bellair Bluff)  and not properly work  at first in a school or in banking as I have been doing for the past 10 years in Europe ( I have a master in economics in fact  and banking certifications are different in the US , have to take a few tests to get equivalence, same for teaching ) .
I will be looking forward to meet you soon then :-)

We too love to travel and will make sure to come your way, there are a lot of beautiful conservation  areas, trails  and lakes close to your place ;-) ;-)
And I'm sure many other things as well ;-)

Have a nice day ,

That's great!   I am trying to learn French right now on Duolingo.  My husband is from the UK, and we also have two sons (ages 9 and 4).  I'm 36 and he's 38.  How old are you and your sons?  I'm a librarian.  What has prompted you to move to America?  Will this be permanent?

marly79 wrote:

That's great!   I am trying to learn French right now on Duolingo.  My husband is from the UK, and we also have two sons (ages 9 and 4).  I'm 36 and he's 38.  How old are you and your sons?  I'm a librarian.  What has prompted you to move to America?  Will this be permanent?

Hi marly i Will send you a privante message easier 😀

Sounds good.  Looking forward to your reply.

Hi, just found your message while looking through blogs. My wife and I are from the UK, I'm from Braintree and she is from Birmingham. We live in Palm Coast in Flagler county, in-between Daytona Beach and St. Augustine, it's a nice place and we have a little brit community going on down here and there's a nice brit owned pub right on Flagler beach! If you are interested you are welcome to pop down anytime and we'd be happy to show you the sights. Let us know.  :cheers:

marly79 wrote:

That's great.  Please let me know when you arrive.  I love Clearwater.  Where will you teach?

I also love Clearwater, where the Phillies hold Spring training.  Do you know the best places to stay late February and March near the baseball stadium?

Hi, sorry for my delay.  Yes, that would be great!  I've been to Daytona and Stm Augustine a few times.  It's a beautiful area.  How long have you lived here?

Hi, I'm new to this blog!!   I have just moved from the UK to Clearwater. I am retired and would love to make some new friends here.

Hi, nice to meet you.  I bet you're loving Clearwater.  I'm a librarian near Gainesville, but I often travel to southern Florida on the weekends.  Tell me more about you.

Hi,
My name is Stephan, borne in Germany, moved to the US 25 years ago. My wife is american and we are semiretired. We live in Dunedin just north of Clearwater, FL.
Drop us a line!
Cheerio

Hi Stephan,

Nice to meet you.  I'm Marlene.  My husband and I live near Gainesville.  I'm American (ethnically, Italian and German)  and he's British. We just moved to Florida a year ago.  I'm originally from Ohio.  What do you do for a living?  I'm a librarian.

HI,
I have just moved here (Clearwater), you are not far from me.!!
I lived in Louisiana for 8 years then moved back last July to the UK, but decided this year to come to Florida! Be nice to meet up?

I am "retired" !!!   but like to travel and go on long walks!