What should I know before I make this life-changing decision?

I'm interested in moving to Rosarito Beach and have been researching the best way to go about it.
At this point, I know I want an oceanfront condo (La Jolla?) but would consider an oceanfront villa or house too - (just worried about security... am I being too "American" and brainwashed by what's on the News regarding the cartel?)
I'm learning about medical care and driving in the area. So far, I don't have any reasons NOT to sell my house in California and move NOW! What am I missing??? Seems too good to be true.
What should I know before I make this life-changing decision?

Hi TraderSusan,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I created a new topic with your introduction on the Mexico forum for a better visibility.

I would do extensive research and read many Baja expat forums before making a decision.  The TJ & Rosarito area has had a spike in crime in the past 2 years.  The beaches/water there are not that clean as Rosarito gets a lot of the pollution from the Tijuana River.  You'd be better off to move farther south of that area towards Ensenada esp. if you are considering safety.  Another thing you need to consider is that the entire state of Baja is in a draught state and many areas either have water trucked in from outside sources and/or use unprocessed seawater in the taps.  And now most places are extremely dry and dusty.

Hello:
My wife and I are seriously considering buying a condo in La Jolla Excellence tower #4.
Did you end up buying a condo?
If you did, what has your experience been?
If you did not buy, what made you decide not to buy?
We enjoy traveling to Rosarito, Ensenada and VDG and have always felt safe.
I am interested to know what it's like to live in La Jolla Excellence.
Thanks.

Good advice Maryellen