Khmer lessons

Hello!
I am moving to Pnom Penh in 2 weeks and I would like to learn Khmer. Does anyone know a Khmer teacher who could give me and my husband individual lessons everyday? Is it a very difficult language to learn?
Thanks for some information!

Welcome on Expat-blog! :) I have moved the discussion on the Phnom penh forum. I hope other members will be able to advice you on the Khmer lessons.

I wish you good luck
Christine

A few of my friends have been taking lesson from a gentleman named Socheat.  He has created his own system for teaching and I hear he is very very good.  My friends Khmer has come along really fast after going to him.  His number is 012594298. 
Good Luck!

I will call him. Thank you!

Hi,

I just moved to Phnom Penh and I am looking for a private Khmer tutor or a Khmer Language School (other than Khmer School of Language).
Is Mr Socheat still available and can he be reached at the same number? Since the post is from a year ago, I thought I'd check.
Also, I would love to get from feedback from anyone who has actually taken lessons with him.

Thanks in advance,

Fatima

I have a very good teacher! Her name is Nim: 012 342 315

also wrote:

I have a very good teacher! Her name is Nim: 012 342 315

Thanks!
I'll get in touch with her.
Best,
F.

Hi Fatima,

I am a Cambodian native speaker. I have just returned from the States the last few months. I had worked for an organization there for a year long. I am now looking for extra working hours,1-3 hours per day on Khmer tutoring. I used to be a Khmer tutoring teacher to expatriates for three years before I left for the States.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested. Email: [email protected] or call: 012 914 201

Regards,
Sophat

Hi. How did you get on with your request for help? Any ideas that you could pass on to me? I don't want to do a formal programme but rather self-directed learning style with a language resource person/helper.  Margaret

I use Savon Roger ( BO ).  I have known him for 3 years.  I use him for Khmer lesson, my wife uses him for English lessons.  he teaches conversation grammar, listening and writing skills. very informal.  comes to your location for lessons. his number is 012 305 004.  he goes by Bo.

worth a call.
david

Hi Margaret,

Could you please call me by 012 914 201 so that I can share with you about how I can help you out with your need in learning Khmer? I don't have much time to write, so it is better to talk!

Regards,
Sophat

(Moderated: no free ads here please + post your offer in the Language classes in Phnom Penh section)

Hi,
Welcome to Cambodia.
Please contact : [email protected]

He is  mother tongue Khmer teacher who has Khmer pedagogy in Phnom Penh. He also teaching online as well.

Regards,
Sokha