Faces Behind the Threads

Who would have thought that some blank faces of bloggers behind those threads would be filled in...

Sparrow doesn't really look like a sparrow..hahaha :):):):)
Nonz doesn't really non, she's full of something(full of fun)-i emphasize it so you wont get me wrong..hehehe:):):):)
Preoria seems like a representative of Finland embassy attending the meeting...hehehe:):):)
CAF doesn't seem like a very strict woman,(but a very warmth woman):):):) 
CivEngr doesn't seem he likes songs..but ull be shocked he got a bunch of songs on his ipod...hehehehe..peace
Salman - a "mutawa" who loves taking pictures...hehehehe..peace man...
Gowiththeflow...they seem like ready to party!!!:):):)

Everybody is up for a cheers!!!:):top:

It is a pleasure meeting u guys!!!!

Ahhannnn!!! That's quite an interesting observation  and does this mean u gonna meet us again or would hide yourself somewhere??:rolleyes:

It was great meeting you to Seeker of Truth - you seemed pretty quiet... absorbing all of us I think!

- great fun was had by all. Photo shoot went down well, getting used to the fashion photographer now.

Irony was the 'Motawa' next to Beezer ;)

Least I say REAL MEN look great in PINK :lol:

I had a great time.  So nice to put faces to names.  Can't wait for next time.

PS - I still am going to host a darts and cards event at my place.  Gotta go buy monopoly so we can play for millions!

Great idea CivEngr. If we can muster up a decent gang on a weekend then it may even be possible to do a whole days event with many facets to it, including monopoly, cards, darts, and even karaoke.

Nice idea.  I have plenty of room.  Fridays are the only day many of us get off so that would be the logical choice.  I have micro-popcorn too.  Brought Airplane and Blazing Saddles DVDs w/ me.  Could even go for theatre time too.

Pot Luck would be an option where everyone chips in with one item of food/drink. Someone needs to take care of the logistics to ensure we have enough to go around. Over to you Mr Engineer!

A great gathering, great company and stimulating conversation :cheers:.  I still can't believe I found my Spanish teacher (sat right next to me) in the form of the beautiful Nina (Beezer's wife) - absolutely fantastic - (as some of you will know, I have been looking for a month now):thanks:

For all the new members of the blog that made it - was great to see you and look forward in getting to know you all :)

Looking forward to the 'women only' gathering tonight at CAF's (sorry maserman, even a crisp pink shirt won't get you in):D  Great idea CAF (your such a social animal):top:

Really missed the company of Alliecat and JillnDave and the opportunity to meet musicman :sosad:  Still, next time eh?

Salman - really looking forward to the pics - will remember my flash next time!

And finally to CAF for her brilliant organising of the event - great venue location & setting - was perfect for such a large gathering :) - chef could use some cookery lessons though :(

CivEngr wrote:

Nice idea.  I have plenty of room.  Fridays are the only day many of us get off so that would be the logical choice.  I have micro-popcorn too.  Brought Airplane and Blazing Saddles DVDs w/ me.  Could even go for theatre time too.

Could you make this a new post so its not lost in this thread? Sounds too good to miss:)

Now that we are moving forward I think we need to allocate some specific roles to people who have proven that they are capable of getting something done.

My vote is for CAF to be appointed VP LOGISTICS of the expat-blog clan.

Any other suggestions? Its got be by nomination and unanimous choice, we aint democratic in here. Thats for politicians only.

And shudn't we call ourselves something like XBF - Expat.com Family?

musicman wrote:

Now that we are moving forward I think we need to allocate some specific roles to people who have proven that they are capable of getting something done.

My vote is for CAF to be appointed VP LOGISTICS of the expat-blog clan.

Any other suggestions? Its got be by nomination and unanimous choice, we aint democratic in here. Thats for politicians only.

And shudn't we call ourselves something like XBF - Expat.com Family?

Great idea and excellent choice for that role:)

Yes, good to meet you all. But didn't get a chance to talk to everyone, just the few people (who were sitting near by) but that was still great. So I'm sure once we know the rest of the bunch it'll be even better.

I was surprised to be sitting next to the M, but me and the wifey were more surprised of how most of you thought we looked local! That could be the reason I get hassled, I dunno. She was actually talking about dying her hair on the drive back home, but I just thought of something. If I still look Saudi and she looks like a complete expat, that'll probably get us into even more trouble. hahaha.

Until next time :)

nonz wrote:

Ahhannnn!!! That's quite an interesting observation  and does this mean u gonna meet us again or would hide yourself somewhere??:rolleyes:

of course nonz...i will be looking forward to the next functions..:):):)

dont worry sparrow...next time it would better..hahaha

it seems like it will gonna be more functions coming up..hopefully!!! :top::top::top::top:

and more fun! fun! fun!

looking forward to know the group...more...