Indian DTH in muscat

hi all,
it might seem like a silly post! Want to know from indian expats which all indian DTH satellite service is available in muscat? we are using Videocon DTH here in India, is it clear there? or we have to go in for Dish TV which personally i dont like!

Dish TV and Tata Sky

SAK9 wrote:

Dish TV and Tata Sky

Hi
Another silly query.....
Is it worth carrying the Tata Sky set-top box and the antenna from India to Oman?? Or carrying the set top box alone is reasonable?

I would suggest you to setup your account,activate it and bring along your set up box only.There are lot of local technicians who can supply and install the dish for you.In newer flats you may not require the dish as the dish and wiring might be there so it is just a matter of plug and play.

SAK9 wrote:

I would suggest you to setup your account,activate it and bring along your set up box only.There are lot of local technicians who can supply and install the dish for you.In newer flats you may not require the dish as the dish and wiring might be there so it is just a matter of plug and play.

Thank you, SAK9.

Hi rajmayampilly,

Dish TV DTH is the best option for Oman.

Tata Sky's reception is poor in most places across Muscat.

I am not sure how good it is outside of Muscat.

Rest of what has been advised here is good.

Thanks a lot, Mr Sumithran. Going thru the forums,you get answers to lot of queries. You are doind a great job there............ :)

can anyone have experience with AIRTEL DTH. Does it work in Muscat.

does videocon d2h work properly in muscat?

Dear All,

I recently came to Muscat  and staying in Ruwi. Can you please advise where to buy Dish TV set up box at a reasonable price. Thank you for your help

Hi RAHUL2014,

Since a lot of expatriate Indians are returning home for good, on account of the economic downturn, a lot of Dish TV Set Tox Boxes are available as seconds from those who are leaving.

You can scan the dailies and weeklies; look at the online buy and sell sites, and see the notice boards outside malls and supermarkets in your neighbourhood.

If you want to go for a new one, ask for where hotel 'Oman Express' is in Ruwi High Street. Either side of that road is full of shops that sell Dish TV Set Top Boxes.

Recently I purchased new LG Smart LED and took the second hand basic Dish TV set up box. I installed and did everything. But I am not getting all the channels of Dish TV (I subscribed them all). And also picture and voice quality is not very good. Is it because I am using basic set up box or because there any issue with LG TV. Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated. Thank you always

My name is shamseer from India Kerala i sm a dish technicion my contact numbers ***

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct