Technician visa for engineer

I got a job in reputed engineering company Saudi Arabia. but my visa is technician Visa . I had completed engineering degree. Saudi consulate in Mumbai rejected my Visa stamping procedure for first time. agent told me that the reason for rejection is my degree . for technician category diploma is sufficient .
my agent told me that he will do setting there and stamping of passport Will be completed.
any one has idea about setting?

pls reply

Hi.

Did you manage to get technician visa stamped? With setting?

No setting is not done

Do you mean u got the visa stamped or not?

Hello Menon,

Kindly suggest. I have also got rejection please advise.. God bless you

Hi Arshad,

I have got rejection two times from conslate mumbai even submitted request letter fro company they sent it back as it is.

Do you have any advise ?

Hi hassan52,

Now im really worried after hearing your case. Actually i have done engineering from computer science but my company has provided electronic engineer visa which was rejected at saudi consulate mumbai 2 times despite request letter for profession mismatch. Then now my agent has requested company to send computer technician visa. Im waiting for that.

But after hearing all these rejection cased even for technician visa. Im really worried now?

But does consulate rejects when i have done computer engineer degree and submitted computer technician visa??

arshad4saudi wrote:

Hi hassan52,

Now im really worried after hearing your case. Actually i have done engineering from computer science but my company has provided electronic engineer visa which was rejected at saudi consulate mumbai 2 times despite request letter for profession mismatch. Then now my agent has requested company to send computer technician visa. Im waiting for that.

But after hearing all these rejection cased even for technician visa. Im really worried now?

But does consulate rejects when i have done computer engineer degree and submitted computer technician visa??

Yes...Because the Saudi Government just wants people to do the specific job as per the profession, so if it's a technician visa, he should only be a technician and not an engineer...This is ensure that an engineer who comes on a technician visa will change his profession in the future which the government is trying to put an end to...

amenon787 wrote:

I got a job in reputed engineering company Saudi Arabia. but my visa is technician Visa . I had completed engineering degree. Saudi consulate in Mumbai rejected my Visa stamping procedure for first time. agent told me that the reason for rejection is my degree . for technician category diploma is sufficient .
my agent told me that he will do setting there and stamping of passport Will be completed.
any one has idea about setting?

pls reply

Brother....The so called setting may take time and money...Maybe up to a month and maybe north of 20k....And sometimes it may not work out also...This maybe due to change in the embassy dept or new rules from the KSA government...Pray well...Else ask company to send engineer visa...

As per my knowledge what happens is - A company will submit an application to the Labor office for an Indian engineer visa...The Saudi govt will check if they've local engineers...if there are local engineers then visa application is rejected and the company is asked to hire local engineers...To avoid this, companies issue technician visas...Ans Saudi government is trying to put a stop to this practice as they want more nationals to be employed than expats, but companies want expats as we expats are the ones who would work properly...

Dear ali,

Thanks for showing some light. Companies not necessarily send technician's visa just to avoid locals but sometimes they can't obtain specific categories of visa. Which also depends upon types of projects they do. For eg: my company is into electronics industry and they can't explain the saudi government why they need computer engineer visa. They only can get electronics engineer visas. Moreover it's not only that we can only do work but they are paying far lesser salaries to indians as compared to the locals for same type of jobs. Locals will not join for lesser salaries then who will do the job :-). I wish there is a simple employment visa in saudi just like dubai in future :-)

Hello,

Is thisng possible if someone(Saudi national) come from Saudi and request consulate to stamp the visa.

What do you think ? Agent recommends ?

Hahaha....Hassan. ...the agent is making a fool out of you....

Until and unless you've been hired from india by a direct saudi national who is a hr guy, frankly in my opinion I don't think any saudi would come for you alone to get your visa stamped. ...especially Saudis. ...they're the laziest...

I dont believe too but i was just thinking and agent told me for one case saudi has came down. But would they really stamp if some saudi come in India

Oh really frustrating. So many issues with saudi employment.

1st hurdle saudi degree attestation.Too much time consuming.

2nd hurdle saudi visa stamping. Rejections, sometimes due to degree mismatch. Sometimes due to profession mismatch.

I know all this because of local saudization of employment. Saudi govt doesn't want anyone especially indians to enter kingdom.

Have been waiting from past 7 months. 5 months jobless. Sometimes, i think is it worth to consider employment in saudi??

Ya true... Believe in Allah all gone well.  But really will tell you its very hard to enter into Kingdom they made too many hurdles.

Guys...Trust me...Your wait is just a temporary state....

Once you enter the Kingdom all will be forgotten...

Don't lose hope...Keep faith...It's all a test...

All the best...

Dear Ali, Could u pls let us know what does setting mean because my agent was also referring to that. pls reply ASAP, thanks

Hi A me non, what is the status of ur visa stamping?

Jack786 wrote:

Dear Ali, Could u pls let us know what does setting mean because my agent was also referring to that. pls reply ASAP, thanks

Kickback...or Bribe or under the table pay

Oh ok... thanks

Dear ALI can u share ur mobile number.

Mazidali wrote:

Dear ALI can u share ur mobile number.

No sharing on public forum...Let me know your doubt, will try to clarify to the max...thanks...

A word of advise. Don't go for setting. It will not work and your money will be eaten by crook agents. Embassy officials are now paid hefty salaries to end corruption which was very common earlier. Nobody is accepting any settings nowadays.
If the agent is claiming he can do setting then he is lying to you and wants to eat money from you.

Beware!!!

Hi arshad, what is the status of ur visa stamping? BTW who gave above info and from when?

my engg visa was rejected. Company provided technician visa. Planning for submission soon.
This information i got from personal experience :-) and from few friends of mine

Has anyone in this post got visa stamped successfully for technician visa with engineering degree?

Quick replies are appreciated.

setting mean they a contact in embassy so they eill get your visa stamped from consulate

I am an Indian mechanical engineer with graduate degree. My company called me on labour visa but I am working as production engineer. Is there will be any problem in future for me?

Hi I'm also facing the same suituation and waiting for request letter from company. After they apply for a visa. Is there any possibilities again to get rejected?

Hello Subashravi05,

Unfortunately, I doubt you will find anything here as this thread has been inactive for years.

You can look for a more recent thread to ask your questions or start your own on the Saudi Arabia forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@arshad4saudi

Hello Waqasgul5121,

Kindly note that this thread has been inactive since 2020.

If you have any questions, you can ask them on the Saudi Arabia forum.

Have a good day,

Yoginee

Expat.com team