Hungarian citizenship: Agency/department where the birth is registered

Hi

I've applied for verification of Hungarian citizenship as my grandfather was born in Budapest. I've now confirmed with the person processing my application that she has confirmed my citizenship and sent away for my birth to be registered at another government department - not her Office of Immigration & Nationality/Citizenship Directorate.

Is anyone aware of what this separate department is, or how long the birth registration process typically takes?

My visa expires in September and I desperately need some kind of official letter/certificate/document confirming my citizenship before then.

Appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Daseca wrote:

..... not her Office of Immigration & Nationality/Citizenship Directorate.

Is anyone aware of what this separate department is, or how long the birth registration process typically takes?

Appreciate anyone's thoughts.

I expect it will be somewhere in the Ministry of Interior (Min Interior).  They maintain the central person register (or they did several years ago).

Thanks. Someone has mentioned that the issuance of birth certificate for citizens born abroad is now centralised at Budapest Főváros Kormányhivatal (Government Office of Budapest) since April this year - so that's a couple of leads to chase down.

Daseca wrote:

Thanks. Someone has mentioned that the issuance of birth certificate for citizens born abroad is now centralised at Budapest Főváros Kormányhivatal (Government Office of Budapest) since April this year - so that's a couple of leads to chase down.

That sounds like the main Budapest administrative office of the Ministry of Interior.