Making first trip to Dubai - looking for tips.

So on early September I'll be making my trip into Dubai, I'm extremely new to the UAE Embassy & doing as much research as possible, so can anyone help me out with some tips?

welcome to Dubai

just want to know are you from korea

denver_dubai wrote:

So on early September I'll be making my trip into Dubai, I'm extremely new to the UAE Embassy & doing as much research as possible, so can anyone help me out with some tips?

Welcome to Expat.com :)

What tips exactly are you after please?

I suggest you browse the ''Forum Categories'' window on the forum, found on the up right hand side of your screen, to gather specific informations from sections such as 'Accommodation', 'Leisures & Things to do', 'Everyday Life'

Regards
Kenjee

No I am from North America

hi very warm well come to you in Dubai. what kind of help you are looking

Well to start off with the Job Opportunities that Dubai offers, do you know if the website: Http/www.jobsindubai.com is legitimate?

No I am from the USA.

My friend best way is if you want to come for job, take 3 months visa. come here and than apply. there are too many sites and appear for face to face interview. if you need further help i will do.

Hi I'm looking for a job in UAE. .I'm a manager in a transport company......I'm looking for employment in the hospitality industry

My name is nazia

nazia you can. buut you need to be here to apply

Thanks Islamabad
you are very helpful  ...but so know of affordable decent accommodation that I can check out

Yes I know   it will be make it easier to be there

check out dubizzle.com for accommodation, the classifieds on expat-blog is not that active...

islamabad62 wrote:

My friend best way is if you want to come for job, take 3 months visa. come here and than apply. there are too many sites and appear for face to face interview. if you need further help i will do.

He doesnt need visa if he is a US citizen...

Hello friends,
I'm studying in Civil engineering, after graduation i want to come to dubai for job "or" business... What should i prefer...
And also if i should prefer business in food industry or other what will be estimated investment fot it...

Im going in october

The US Embassy is in Abu Dhabi, not Dubai.

I think that you will find it difficult to find a job while in Dubai. The jobs advertised arelow paying ones, and many do not offer a residency visa.

It is best to apply for a job in Dubai while still in the US. If they are seriuos about hiring you, they will either make you an offer, or pay your way to Dubai fir an in person interview.

As long as yoy are coming here anyway, use the time here to really ask yourself if you could live here. It is so damn hot here, and people are very rude. Driving here is very dangerous, and it is very expensive to live here. There are plenty of better jobs in the US than in Dubai. Especially in Colorado. Dubai is not like it was several years ago. This place kind of sucks.

Strike567 wrote:

The US Embassy is in Abu Dhabi, not Dubai.

I think that you will find it difficult to find a job while in Dubai. The jobs advertised arelow paying ones, and many do not offer a residency visa.

It is best to apply for a job in Dubai while still in the US. If they are seriuos about hiring you, they will either make you an offer, or pay your way to Dubai fir an in person interview.

As long as yoy are coming here anyway, use the time here to really ask yourself if you could live here. It is so damn hot here, and people are very rude. Driving here is very dangerous, and it is very expensive to live here. There are plenty of better jobs in the US than in Dubai. Especially in Colorado. Dubai is not like it was several years ago. This place kind of sucks.

I think you put this remark based on your experience. Will you explain?