Meet up at Reem Al Bawadi - Thursday 14 October at 8pm

Hello people,

Since this group has been inactive for a while, I have decided (after consulting with another member – Armen) to arrange a meet up at 8pm on Thursday (14th October) at Reem Al Bawadi – SHEIKH ZAYED ROAD BRANCH… Food, Shisha and entertainment..

Please contact either myself or Armen119 (https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php?id=128370) if you can make it.

Looking forward to meeting you all :-)

So we are 2 now, so folks any other takers ?
Armen

I'm game, but do you guys have a better map? Cause the website gives me nothing.

farsight13 wrote:

I'm game, but do you guys have a better map? Cause the website gives me nothing.

Are u driving? Will get Armen to post directions as I am not good at directions...

I am driving, but all i need is a dot on a google map telling me where or just give me some hints on the location by telling me some of the surrounding landmarks (example, banks etc)
I think we should contact others, they may not know about this event.

farsight13 wrote:

I am driving, but all i need is a dot on a google map telling me where or just give me some hints on the location by telling me some of the surrounding landmarks (example, banks etc)
I think we should contact others, they may not know about this event.

Ok well as far as I can remember.. it is between Noor Islamic Bank and MOE Metros lol and there is a mosque near it.. and something of a shopping mall.. will let Sherina + Louisa know today.. also made an event on Social Circles UAE – much more active site in general.. got a few takers on there..

Hi there,

Yes, would like to join, but need full and detailed directions to the venue for the taxi driver.  Or can I come by metro?

Thanks and regards,
Marleen

Marlèneke wrote:

Hi there,

Yes, would like to join, but need full and detailed directions to the venue for the taxi driver.  Or can I come by metro?

Thanks and regards,
Marleen

Hey Marleen

Please bear with me. I am trying to getting in touch with Armen for directions. Otherwise will ring the venue myself tomorrow and see what i can find.. xx

Sounds goods.Don't worry about the directions too much, push comes to shove i can figure it out .

Hi, directions for those who need it;
Reem Al Bawadi, Sheikh Zayed Road, Exit 41 towards Abu Dhabi (which is situated before the 4th interchange/mall of the Emirates on SZR), when you take the exit you do a U turn and return on the service road towards Dubai, y can not miss it. it is opposite Mercedes Benz.
Telephone: 04-330-6663

Thanks for the directions Armen.

So far on this website the following people have confirmed attendance:
farsight13
Newbie913
Marlèneke
Armen119
divinedivz
satish26

Maybe: Louisa5701

I will book the table under my name, Shilpa. Drop me a message if anyone else wants to join us as I will be booking the table tomorrow afternoon. I have posted this on another forum (Social Circles UAE) and there's atleast 8 people confirmed from there.. See u all on Thursday.. :)

Hey....count me in! :)

HI Guys..

I feel good to see that the blog became active again...

i left the blog few weeks back ( after organizing a get together at Horizon, Habtoor ) as i did not find any active things happening here.

I appreciate the efforts of the people who are organizing the get together ...

YOU CAN COUNT ME IN.....

cheers.....SATISH

Armen119 wrote:

So we are 2 now, so folks any other takers ?
Armen

Hey Armen...how are you??? long time...hope you had a grate time in Lebanon...

hope to catch you tomorrow...

cheers...Satish

hello everyone! I might come with a friend tomorrow. Shilpa Ill text you to confirm :). SEe you guys!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone today at 8pm. Table is booked under both Shilpa and Armen so you can ask for either name..

Louisa – let me know asap :-)

I don't know about you guys, but i had a great time. good food, good friends...what a great night. Thanks for the set up armen & shilpa.

Shilpa and Armen,

I join Farsight13 in saying that it was a great event, especially the "cooperation" with other groups is a good idea!

I didn't really like the many sheeshas :sosad:, makes my eyes painful and my throat tickely, but the venue is highly suitable for relaxed chat meet ups.

Looking forward to the next one!

Marleen

I had a great time with you guys. I am so happy I met you!
Special thank you to Armen, Shilpa and Akram :-)
Hope i ll see you again soon,

Hey guys.. was good to see everybody. Will be organizing another one soon-ish xx