Bank deposit for pensionado Visa?

I read that part of the residency application process I need to deposit money into account  #242480-0 of Banco de Costa Rica.

1.  How much do I have to deposit?
2. Do I have to have an account with Banco de Costa Rica to do this?
3.  Should I create an account with Banco de Costa Rica even if I don't need an account with them to make this deposit?

Thanks,

Martin

1) We had to do the same thing.  I cannot remember the amount as it was a year and a half ago (but it was not a lot).  Our lawyer gave us the amounts.
2) No
3) That is strictly up to you.  We chose to use Banco Nacional for our day to day banking.  They allowed us to open an account without having our cedulas whereas that is not always the case.  Friends of ours tried weeks after us and were refused and no reason given.  They went to a different branch and had no problem

Cheers .... Terry

You should try to verify Iwhere you intend to live, what banks are in your area for day to day banking as until you have a DIMEX/cedula, you can't move funds or pay electronically to another bank.

You must open the account in person, and as mentioned, some branches will not permit you to open one, until you have residency...so you may have to try several branches.