Shipping personal items

I would like to ship some of my personal items to an apartment I have rented in the La Romana, Dominican Republic.  My question is: Are there any websites I can visit to send a couple of boxes of much needed stuff to start living there?

Montero Shipping in Miami.

You might also contact CPS in Miami

Bob K

Be ready for the price, it will not be cheap.

in USA and Canada, there is a lot of dominican people living, and they send regularly quantity of things in RD,
There is weekly "shipping lines" between these countries and RD,

Our selves ( married with an american/dominican woman),when we come in States, we are used to do it.

We are in NYC for the summer and will  be back to RD in september, so we will send ,  tools (auctions from e bay,Home depot), food  for the friends and family, (cotsco) ,etc...in plastic  barrels.
There is two ways : you buy a plastic empty barrels ( abot 50 gallons?) for 35 $, or big hard carton box,and when fullfilled they pick up at home and you receive   3 weeks after this at your adress in RD.Cost of shipping 135 $. about by barrel ( box cheaper)

No custom declaration, nothing to do, just to pay (some company before shipping , others on arrival)

We shipped last year also furniture by these companies(table ,chairs , mattress, antiques )

I know some in NYC, and  one in Pensylvania but i don't know if they collect in all the country.

The same in Canada, and there they  even  pick up and send your car

You can look on google, or found a dominican neighbour

Is Cutler bay  in Florida? because  there are a lot, , and cheaper than in NYC

(sorry for my english, i am from the old continent)
bernard

I can provide you with some shipping companies from Canada, Ontario.  We shipped a 3 bedroom house door to door.

Thank you Bernard!   This is good info and we have had threads on this before.  IF you do a search on here you can find some other information. 

The price and availability really depends where you live!   

And thanks Mike,  all good referrals are welcome!  Mike -  how long ago did you do this?  If it was not too long ago, why not start a thread and  describe the process to us start to finish???  I think that would help a lot of people.

AND did you have your residencia first????