Got a job offering 12 lpa at KL

Hi everyone,
i have done masters in Mechanical and working with an indian automotive ancillary firm at india,i am having an experience of 6.5 years in Mechanical industry and Robotics.i earn 6 lpa. i am single right now and was planning to get married next year.
i have got a job call offering me 12 lpa along with accommodation facility at KL.The work location is Kulim.
1. Is the offer good to accept...???
2. hows the tax rate.
3.Hows the cost of living.
4.hows medical/health policys
5.can i save anything..??

thank you

Tell us the salary in local currency i.e. Ringgit Malaysia please.

its 71813 MYR gross pay.

So that is just under RM6k per month. That is low salary for 6.5 years experience.

I will give you a budget for 2/month
Accommodation will be around RM1.5-2k depending on where you have to live to commute to your place of work.
Food will be RM1000
Utilities including internet RM300
Transport? If you need a car because there is no public transport RM1200
Health policy depends on what the company offers - they tend to have low annual coverage.

I don't think you will save much but it depends on transportation and housing costs etc.

Apply these steps to annual salary then divide by 12 for monthly deduction

0-5,000                    0%                                                 
5,000-10,000      1% = RM50
10,001-20,000    1%  = +RM100
20,001-35,000    5%  = +RM750
35,001-50,000   10%  = +RM1,500
50,001-70,000   16% = +RM3,200
70,001-100,000   21% = +RM6,300
100,001-250,000  24% = +RM36,000
250,001-400,000  24.5% = +RM36,750
Exceeding 400 000  25%

Cost of living is about 30-35% higher in Malaysia than India and so with potentially higher costs, your savings will probably be the same as now.

It is a very bad salary.

For someone with a Masters degree its low but it might be the industry norm.  Just don't pay any money upfront.

IMPORTANT
Just noticed the location is KULIM - that makes a lot of difference.  The accommodation will be under RM1k. and COL a bit lower. So you may be able to save c. RM 2.5k

Id suggest to negotiate to 7000 rm per month. Most expats in malaysia live in kl. Kulim is about 3-4 hrs away. You might possibly not enjoy living there. Especially since you are single. Stay in india buddy. My advice.

Thanks carlyle,gravitas and nemodot :thanks:  .your suggestions are so informative and helpful. :idontagree:
will try to do more research and find out more details from the recruiter.

I think because the job is in a minor town where labour and COL is cheap you should not ask for more salary but ask for housing. That way you get help as well to find somewhere to live. Kulim is quite near Bukit Mertajam and Penang State - so not too far north (but 4.5 hours from KL by road and 2.5 by rail (new line opened 2 days ago)

gravitas
Yes the accommodation is provided by the company itself.
i was asking the recruiter for more details.will post them immediately once i come to know

BEWARE BEWARE there sounds like something is wrong - you cant live in KL as you say above and work in Kulim (its 4.5 hrs by road between the two places)

Are you sure this is not a job scam?  Have you been asked for money?

No they dint ask for any money,found out the company and the recruiter is genuine .
yes the guy called from the KL company and they are working for a project at Kulim,i think they may give me accommodation at Kulim,
sorry for the previous

Fine - as member Carlisle said previously - double your current salary and convert to RM to find an acceptable wage level. Housing paid is worth at least RM750 per month and if they also pay utilities for the property in total worth together with housing RM1k.  Just be sure you have your own place and not a room if you want your wife along next year. But of course you can renegotiate when you bring her over.

Another important thing is that you ensure you are going to get an Employment Pass (ask HR) as you need that type of pass to bring your wife once you are married i.e. EP you can have dependents but NOT on FWP.  Do ask. Its called a DP10 hiring.

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main … for-a-posthttp://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main … yment-pass

Sure :) will try to renegotiate
Initially ive asked them for 8000 MYR and they said we can offer you 5984 MYR

Stick to 8k and see how close u can get to this figure. Good luck!

Wont get it I am 99.9% sure, but company may up it to first asking salary level i.e. they have created a limited bargaining space.

What u mean by lpa
tell us in riggit malaysia so we can advise u

Bharat, do share how much you got finally ;-) lovely folk like gravitas provide great advice and then dont hear back on what finally happened.

Hi,

What is LPA? I don't recognise that as a currency. What are they offering you in MYR? Malaysian Ringgit?

I'll help you if you can provide this info. Regards, Lawrence.

Hi,

I worked in Kulim before. It is quite near to my hometown.
Many big plants there, like Intel, first solar, & etc.

Let me know if you need any help.
Good Luck!

Cheers

Ally

Kulim is located at the north end of Malaysia. Not a city life environment but the industrial area has many reputable manufacturers.
Not sure about the currency u mentioned so I cant help u there,
Cost of living shud b alrite.
But if youre gonna relocate from India then 6k might not b enough.
Will they provide private accommodation n transport ? Yearly air fare back to India ?
Medical coverage ?
Do an online check on the company ? Email the HR about yr enquiries. If they reply then its a genuine offer.