Moving to Vietnam

Hi everyone,

I am moving to Vietnam at the end of August. Any advice? I am moving from NYC to teach English as a second language and this is all very exciting and scary. What should I take with me? and what can I expect living in Vietnam? I am moving to Ho Chi Minh.

Dear Ms.
I am Nguyen. I work for real estate company in Phu My Hung. If you teach English at Phu My Hung, you will rent apartment for living. I will find out a apartment for you,please contact me 0938 361 034 or my email: [email protected] am looking forward for your answer.Thank you.
Sincerly,
Ai Nguyen

Hi ! Nice to meet you and welcome you moving to Viet Nam
First i would like introduction myself .I am Xuan ,i living and working in district 7, hcmc .My job is Real Estate and i living with my family .
It the  first you come Viet nam and i understood , pls dont worry and relax
.Hihihihi
I am sure u surfing on internet about information of my country or heard some tourist who is visited  before
That right ! Viet nam is firendly countries , nice place and nice food and cheap for shopping
But, The impression of almost people who the first visit in Viet nam is traffic  ( they called it is Chaos :))) )Why ? that means almost half population owns a mortobike .For most people ,driving a motorbike is the only means of transportation   .
+ Driving in Vietnam is challenging even for the most experienced drives so u need get taxi if u want to move somewhere .
+  if you hungry,u can find any fast food store on the way or u can ( proper price )hihihi
+And can ask anybody on the way if you lost or forget your place or want to go some else
+ Finally : if u want to find best place for staying ,pls contact me. It my job, i can do good  for you .

___ looking forward to hearing  from you. Iam  just learning English for short time so still confusing ( i hope you understand ).hihihih
Best regards

Hey there...my name is Eddie, from Ireland and I am not a real estate agent in Vietnam :p...haha sorry I couldn't help that! Actually I'm heading out to HCM myself to (hopefully) teach English around about the same time...i'll be doing a bit of tripping around S.E.A first but plan to get there by October and try to get some teaching experience...it's exciting and scary, but mostly exciting...do you have any teaching work lined up or just going to see what happens when you get there? Good luck with your plans and preps and if you have any tips or just wanna talk about it out of the sheer buzz come say hi :)