Family to stay after expat exits

Greetings to forum members

I am resident expat of Oman staying with family. I got an opportunity to work in dubai, I will be moving in a month after exit from Oman. As I cannot get immediate school admission for my children due to visa process in dubai ,  is it possible for my wife and children to stay in Oman and obtain transfer certificate until my visa process completes in dubai ?

My family have currently valid visa and resident permit in Oman

Hi spmctind,

As long as your wife and children's dependent visa / resident card is valid they can remain in Oman.

Usually the employer will not raise any objections to their staying back, till such time they are ready to move.

However you must be prepared to take care of their maintenance and upkeep costs like house rent, living expenses, transportation, etc.

Hi Sumitran,
Thanks a lot for the clarification, I am bit relaxed knowing this. will certainly  keep financial backing for my family during their stay in Oman.

While exit of family, will that be the same process of exit on their process as for self ? And do I need to inform my employer about their extended stay.
Regards.

hi spmctind,

yes you have to inform your employer that your family is extending there stay. As they are the sponsors , and your visa will be cancelled as accordingly by the company. So they take care accordingly and you can move out and arrange .

all Most all of the employers (omanis ) are good in understanding about the family situations the expat face . So leave your family safe here making a back up plan.

Thank you deemonisha.

I have just joined and Greetings to forum members,

Dear Mr. Sumithran,

I am also in a similar situation

I am resident expat of Oman staying with family. Due to some unavoidable circumstances I have to leave Oman and take up employment in Abu Dhabi. I will be moving in a month after exit from Oman. I am not getting school admissions at Abu Dhabi in the middle of this academic year. Is it possible for my wife and children to stay in Oman and leave after Mar-15.My family's validity is up to Oct-16. Hope I will get concurrence from my present company.
In that case, is it possible for my family to visit Chennai and come back with this visa and without my presence?
Also is it possible for me to enter Oman from UAE as a GCC expat without NOC.

Thanks in advance
Murgan

Murgan wrote:

I have just joined and Greetings to forum members,

Dear Mr. Sumithran,

I am also in a similar situation

I am resident expat of Oman staying with family. Due to some unavoidable circumstances I have to leave Oman and take up employment in Abu Dhabi. I will be moving in a month after exit from Oman. I am not getting school admissions at Abu Dhabi in the middle of this academic year. Is it possible for my wife and children to stay in Oman and leave after Mar-15.My family's validity is up to Oct-16. Hope I will get concurrence from my present company.
In that case, is it possible for my family to visit Chennai and come back with this visa and without my presence?
Also is it possible for me to enter Oman from UAE as a GCC expat without NOC.

Thanks in advance
Murgan

Hi Murgan,

Usually employers do not have any objections to the family staying back on account of educational reasons.

Request your employer and if they say yes, then your wife and children can stay back in Oman, as long as they are well provided for in your absence.

As long as your wife's resident card is valid, she can come and go anytime, with, or without your presence.

Without an NOC from you last employer, no you cannot come to Oman for 2 years.