Formalities to move permanently- Pretoria(SA) to Walvisbay(Namibia)

I am Anna Links born in Walvisbay ( Namibia) but move before South West Africa became Namibia to Pretoria (South- Africa) and currently stay here for 22 years.My husband is a South African and so my two kids (son 16 years old and my daughter 10 years old). All my family is currently staying in Namibia. Me and my family plan to move to Namibia permanently by December 2015 and I urgently need more info which requirements we have to follow with the correct paperwork to avoid disappointment.

Thanking you in advance.

Morning
Am a Namibian myself..i thing what u need is working permits,and the kids need studie permits.
And now a days for kids under 18 they also need the full birth certificate..
And go enjoy in namibia

Ok thanks Mbaukua I appreciate your answer.

Welcome
And when it comes to your furniture and stuff..am the right person to tlk to am having a truck driving between various African countries with furniture trailers aswell I can sent u my nr for free quotation

Thanks
Mbaukua

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share Phone numbers on the public forum

Thanks we gonna sell all our furniture (old stuff), because we gonna stay with my father at his place Narraville, Walvis Bay.

Ok dan reg so dankie en sterkte...

Mbaukua wrote:

Ok dan reg so dankie en sterkte...

ENGLISH please !!!

Sorry...it's said thank u and God bless

Hi Anna,

I moved from Pretoria to Windhoek in January 2015.

I am a South African citizen,got married to a Namibian in February 2015.

I moved here with all my household stuff,and  a car - and what a mission it was!!! - a lot of frustration to endure!!!

I had all my documentation in place,and still it was not easy,but worth every effort!

Make sure that you have all relevant documentation like Unabridged birth certificates, of your children and your husband if they were born in the RSA.

Also marriage certificate.

A inventory of household goods and used effects that you want to bring with.

If you are not a Namibian citizen,you will have to pay tax on the value,and you furniture and household effects,and   claim it back once you are in Namibia.

If you bring a vehicle to Namibia you will have to pay import taxes at the border and you need police clearance ,Dot verification,and a import document from South Africa.You also need 3 quotations from car dealers on which they will tax you on the border.

You also need all the registration documentation regarding your vehicle.

Good luck.

Maja

Good morning Louw,

I'm so happy for your friendly respond and I appreciate so much your info on my request!

As I said in my status I'm born in Walvis Bay 1970, but I moved to Pretoria around 1992 and get married to a South African and have two kids also born here in Pretoria. My son (16 years old) is schooling there in Namibia, De Duine High School in Narraville at January 2015 and I also got all the documents, a study permit for him last year before he went there.

I have the Unabridge birth certificates for both my kids after so many fights with the Head Office of Home Affairs in Johannesburg, because of a simple mistake they make on the documents (country where I'm born they capture South Africa instead of Namibia) and I battle for so long so that they can fix it.

I went on Friday 17th July 2015 to the Home Affairs in Pretoria town at the Department of Citizenship and I explain our plans to left South Africa and the reasons and the guy told me I have to bring these documents along:

Retention R300 each Applicant Form.
Apply for Unabridge birth certificates for both my husband and me R75 each.
Letter from the Namibian Embassy (High Commisioner of Namibia in Blackwood street, Arcadia) that state that they can allow us dual citizenship or not.
SA Passports

Please confirm have you also done this at Home Affairs before leaving SA?

I have our marriage certificate, will soon get police clearance and must we also get a medical and radiological report for me and my husband?

We permanently want to stay in Namibia so must we apply in Namibia for Permanently Residence, Work permits and get Namibian Citizenship?

Sorry Louw for asking so many questions but as I mention before I don't want any disappointment, rather have the correct documentation in place before leaving SA.

We don't have a car will later buye a car and a place to stay in Namibia when everything is sorted out, and we will sell our furniture, because we gonna stay with my father in his house.

Thanks again.

Anna

Hi Anna,.

I am a South African citizen,so i have domicile through my marriage to a Namibian; am not planning to apply for Namibian citizenship,so I never visited the Namibian Embassy.

I only had to apply for a Unabridged birth certificate,and my passport was still valid.

You do not need any medical certificates nor radiology reports.
Unfortunately I cannot give you any advise regarding the letter from the High Commission,but it is always better to be one step ahead,so I would advise you to rather make the extra effort.

You believe me,the staff at the Namibian Government Offices are not friendly very unhelpful,so rather be well prepared,and save yourself a lot of frustration.

If I did not love my husband as much as i do,i would have turned back at the Skilpadnek Border Post before even enter Namibia.....!

I am sorry i cannot answer all your questions,but only the ones that applies to me.

If you are on Facebook,you can join the following groups:
They are very clued up,and very helpful.

"Namibian Dual Citizenship,
Namibia vra is vry
Wat se die wet in Namibia"
Good luck,if anything more,please ask.

Regards,

Maja

Thanks so much Maja I appreciate your info!