New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Thailand forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Thailand if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

hi All
Thanks to Google,showed me this site. I'm considering to relocate to Phuket. Have been there many times and liked the place pretty much

Cheers to All...🍻

Hi everybody,
I stay Thailand now 2 years ago. Came first for holliday (diving hollyday) in Kho Tao, Kho Lanta.
I met my wife here (married end of 2014), and love Thailand for buddhisme culture and very good human mind thinking around.
I was also going to see Pataya (and have a professional stage here), seeBangkok and Phuket and i was shoked by some tourism area practice due to same bisness thinking you can see all over the world on same bisness conditions.
But i prefer to think that: this is not the Thailand but a copy of what is bad all around the world around to much bisness thinking without any human reflexion.
I see a part of the south (Krabi and little very quiet ands nice islands around) stay in Kho Jum (very good island for who search peacefull part of world and quiet area... also nice Adaman sea) for 6 month and now stay in the North in Loei area close to Laos country.
Here in the north people and human relations are really the best. Price of life is so cheap (i think to much because it is a problem for people work the ground to make money... so understand what's happen and be generous, you will also be lucky) and food is so good also.
I'm from Europe part of the world and i have a lot for learn around this asian special great culture.
I try to keep what is good in my own culture (there is many good thinks in all, much more for technics and constructions or science) and learn what i think to be the best here (like humility and good thinking, human relations, take time to see, culture and much more subtilities).
Also, the story of this country show that it is really a special country in Asia.
I'm really happy to stay here and want to do my best for be able to stay here as long as possible with my new Thai familly.
So for all expats who want to come to see what is the life here, i would tell you this: if you thinking good, be humble, love peoples, simple life and stay far from big bisness areas, here in Thailand, you will se one of the best counrty on this world.
chok di.

You have moved around quite a bit for only being here 2 years, this is very good.  I also have been here 2 years from the US. Im still looking for my Paradise in Thailand. But it is good advice to tell people to stay away from the cities if they really want to see the real Thailand. I agree 100% with this comment. Good Luck to You. Patrick

Hello Fellow Expats....
Been here in Thailand for 20 years as a musician and IT professional and now just consulting and freelancing.
Just signed up in this site to respond to a "piano teacher wanted ad" and wants to see what;s going on in here so buzz me or bug me if you want to know me more...

HI, My name is Ian. I have lived in South Africa, the UK and Spain, in about equal proportions.  I am a 50 year old early retiree. I'm looking to come to Thailand in search of a possible base for a few months a year. I do not want to buy anything there at this stage. Ideally, something as close to a nice beach as poss, with zircon, wifi, a pool would be great and quiet, but, not far from some life. So, I have loads of questions to ask and trying to find someone who can help me with these and desk research. I am looking at coming over for about a month in August/Sept. At the moment I am in Mallorca.

Hi
My name is sahaimon
Nickname. Hurn
I'm from Myanmar
Mon race
I'm 24 years old
I've advanced degree from yangon Myanmar in English speaking class since 2012
Actually I've been working Thailand two years already but out of Bangkok
I'm working at dolphin bay resort in Sam roi yot prachuap khiri khan now but i want to move bangkok to work the same position waiter
I can take order serve and recommended menu
I can speak Thai about 70 % but I can't read yet

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Hello,

I am lady from BKK and working. Im just in this forum to explore. I may not always be here. So if you want, you can add me ***. And do tell me you are from this forum.23 years old. Wanna know people based in thailand only.

:)

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post any personal contact on the forum.

Hi, I m Jovice from Malaysia. I had travelled to many places and had lived in Southern Thailand for nearly 8 years ,back to KL, Malaysia in 2008. I will be travelling more often to Thailand, particularly Bangkok. I wish to connect to those living in Bangkok, to have some good time,  to learn more or to explore the possibility of partnership in business. I will be in Bangkok 20-22 July for a meeting on 21 night. 21 July day time and 22 before noon I am available. I  like healthy friendship.  Anybody interested to meet up please buzz me. Thanks :)

Hi Javice, I'm Malaysian wish to go Bangkok soon. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi fellow expats, I'm Tom.

I'm sort of a long-stayer as I have been living here since 2002, with my first visit back in -99.

Moved to Thailand from Sweden as I worked way too much within the IT field a bit long with many hours of overtime, and thought that moving to a total different field of venture would be interesting. So i took over a pub/restaurant in Bangkok focusing on Scandinavian food, it was a bit bigger learning-curve that I thought. An expensive but good learning experience.
Location, location, location, planning, good staff. And well nowadays you can have good word of mouth marketing through FB/Foursquare and others.

In those days I used to be part of the Darts scene which was great fun, lot of expats playing, these days the scene is not as big in Bangkok, probably more so in Pattaya & Chiang Mai, for those who like darts or pool, there are a few good places to start with (The Sportsman, Sports Academy, Domino and a few more).

Years have past and I have managed to get married, raised a smart 10 year old daughter and have managed to fall back into my old profession of IT related stuff.

IT is what I know and feel very comfortable with, so obviously I should focus on that. So with the help & support of a few friends I'm trying to get my own IT company/startup to slowly grow, it's been a bit over a year with its ups and downs but future is looking positive.

I love Bangkok with its faults and perks. It' has become a more enjoyable and frustrating city to live in, but if the chance comes up I probably move to a more coastal location like Cha-Am or south of Hua Hin.

No matter how much it rains, it is still warm and I can walk around in a short sleeved shirt everyday of the year. If I still lived in Sweden I could not do that.

Will IT be my last business? Not sure, probably got way too many saved ideas in my head...

But I believe Thailand will become my resting place....

Cheers.

Hello!

Charlene from South Africa - working furiously to do as much research as possible into moving to Thailand... my mother-in-law has sold me on it - she's going to be selling up and moving over as well.

Anyone have any advise on best way to go about looking for work? I'm a Projects Administrator but have a feeling I'll probably be better at doing something like teaching in Thailand (looking at moving to Koh Phangan specifically) and my boyfriend is a chef so he'd probably be able to find something a lot sooner than I will.  :)

We have a 7 year old daughter and definitely want to have a life of peace and happiness for her.

Charlene :)

CharlieHuman wrote:

Hello!

Charlene from South Africa - working furiously to do as much research as possible into moving to Thailand... my mother-in-law has sold me on it - she's going to be selling up and moving over as well.

Anyone have any advise on best way to go about looking for work? I'm a Projects Administrator but have a feeling I'll probably be better at doing something like teaching in Thailand (looking at moving to Koh Phangan specifically) and my boyfriend is a chef so he'd probably be able to find something a lot sooner than I will.  :)

We have a 7 year old daughter and definitely want to have a life of peace and happiness for her.

Charlene :)

Hi and welcome to EB........ :) 

Whilst waiting for others to get back to you please take the time to read through the many informative posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page.
Work for expats is not that easy to find and there is a long list of prohibited jobs.

I suggest that you do some serious research on things like jobs, visas, accommodation, schooling,language, transport etc before heading over. Please feel free to ask questions as I am sure members will get back to you.

Thank you very much! I've gone through the prohibited jobs - hence why I wouldn't be able to go back into the corporate rat race - definitely no loss there! :) The boyfriend can work while I go volunteer at the animal shelters. Luckily chefs are not in the list. :D

Very glad I found this forum!  Been checking which areas are also further away from the full moon parties. I'm after some peace and a slower pace in life. :):)

CharlieHuman wrote:

Thank you very much! I've gone through the prohibited jobs - hence why I wouldn't be able to go back into the corporate rat race - definitely no loss there! :) The boyfriend can work while I go volunteer at the animal shelters. Luckily chefs are not in the list. :D

Very glad I found this forum!  Been checking which areas are also further away from the full moon parties. I'm after some peace and a slower pace in life. :):)

Have you considered up north, Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai. A little cooler there. Perhaps BF could research chain hotels in the area and contact them about possible work.
You would need to get qualifications to be able to teach. Another thing to consider is medical insurance too.

My name is Trevor Mason. I have just relocated to Chiang Mai from Australia.
I am looking forward to a new and better life, meeting new people, doing new things and generally improving the quality of my life.

Yip. Been looking at different areas up north which is more than likely where we would head. I will definitely have a look at medical insurance options as well as schools... I saw a few mentioned in other threads.  :)

Also had a look at which agencies I can register with here so long to do my TEFL and costs involved.

@CharlieHuman

Check out this expat site.  www.chiangmaiexpatsclub.com  May be worthwhile hooking up with them later on if you decide to settle there.
A Google search will find you the international schools too.

For cost of living www.numbeo.com  Look through the housing section top of this page for prices.

hi,im rimon kawser im interested to come in thailand...

Hello everyone! I am fron the Philippines. I've been in Thailand last 2013 and fell inlove with Bangkok. I love Bangkok and i have many Thai artists idols. I've been wanting to work and stay there but i really don't know how. Hope to meet Thai friends here. ^____^

Hello everyone,

I am Peder and I have been in Thailand since 2011 but just joined Expat.com platform and Thailand forum this month. It is quite amazing to see the diverse background of people in this forum. It is also interesting to notice from "Network" section that the vast majority of the members are from France. I just realized there are so many French living in Thailand.

It is good to be connected to everyone in this forum.

Have an extraordinary day!

pederlaw wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am Peder and I have been in Thailand since 2011 but just joined Expat.com platform and Thailand forum this month. It is quite amazing to see the diverse background of people in this forum. It is also interesting to notice from "Network" section that the vast majority of the members are from France. I just realized there are so many French living in Thailand.

It is good to be connected to everyone in this forum.

Have an extraordinary day!

Welcome Peder, this forum has 4 languages when you click on the flag on top right corner, there is a french flag where you can find many french, but under the british flag you have many nationalities, I chat in both side as topics are different, and members also. Have a good time.

Hi
I am 50.

Work

I am a trader.

Place

I live in Bangkok..

WHAT I LIKE TO DO

I like reading books.
I like reading books.
I am a good cook.
I am good at playing table tennis.
I like to travel when I'm free.

Hi All,

I am Thai who love indeed to join and share the traditional, cutural, local way of life, and any what Thailand experience that is a MUST!!  :top:

To be Thailand's guests are pleasure!!

Code

Talking to someone posting about moving to Thailand by private message reminded me of an issue that comes up but that gets set aside in individual question threads:  school options for children, inter and otherwise, and related costs.  Here is an example, not a general question but from someone moving here last year:

http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=311208

A lot of the intro's that tend towards asking "how can I move to Thailand" are a little general, but the list of concerns should include visa, work issues, housing, and if someone has kids also education. 

After moving here someone would get hit with lots of other cultural issues related to integrating, or at least making peace with being in a foreign country, but none of that would summarize well in a forum thread.

hi everyone!
first off, thanks to christine for directing me to this forum.
I'm kate from Philippines.
I'm currently working as a cabin crew based in Saudi Arabia but will soon be joining my Thai husband in Bangkok by the end of this year.
As much as I want to keep flying and flying until the airline tells me I'm way too old to do so, the different time zones, the distance, the prohibition of Thai people to visit Saudi Arabia has taken its toll on my relationship with my husband. As I don't want my marriage to be an addition to the divorce statistic of this world, I have to sacrifice my career. :(
I am looking for friends as early as now to build my own community in BKK to still keep some bit of independence in my life, still be my own person.
I like music , books , tea , arts , babies , charity work , music , nature , the beach , food trips , making friends , international environment , Broadway , movies , photography and id like to meet u all. :)
Add me up on FB:
Karen Matza Achawanitkun.
:)

Hi Everyone!
We are Shawn and Katie - 2 Canadian expats who sold all of our crap in Toronto to move to Thailand!

We arrived in December with 2 backpacks, no jobs, little money. Lucky for us, things worked out! We are currently living in Phuket, and have been since February. Our rental house is in a Thai neighbourhood - our next door neighbour has a banana tree in the yard, a man rolls down our street with his racks of Thai desserts everyday, and we get woken up nightly by the Soi dogs.

We are absolutely loving every weird and wonderful minute here!

Hi, i am with family  and living since 2 1/2 year in Bangkok, we living in Bangkok area.
We are from Pakistan, Urdu  and English speaking. we are Christian
We are asylum seeker
i have no work and i find work

Sawasdee kha Everyone  :cheers:

Thank you very much Christine for added me join Expat.com. My name is Mon, I'm Thai, living in Bangkok, At this moment I am working in Travel company, the main services are focusing to accommodation, properties, vehicles and more depending on requirements.  That is about my job.

I am newly and really glad to joined Expat-Blog.  If anyone need to know more about Bangkok or some information before moving to Bangkok please feel free to ask.   

Have a nice weekend kha.

Hi to everyone in the Expat.com ! I am grateful to be in touch with you all. I am in Thailand for at least 3 years . I have been in Bangkok before, but only on a very short visit . I arrived 3 weeks ago and so far so good , but feel so much happier since I have joined you guys, as I feel a little lost.  My husband and I are here because of his job, but I intend to work no matter what ! I am Spanish and would like to teach the language. I was a Spanish teacher in Beijing for a year and have good references from the school where I had 40 pupils ! I also  did teach in PK Lahore and enjoyed the experience enormously! Up until now I have been in the UK and Spain. Miss my family loads, but I am hell bound to enjoy Thailand and will be most grateful if I can be given advise and assistance from who ever is willing !!! Will not make it any longer, but this very much sums up everything !
Thank you all,
Troch

Hi everyone, I'm Sarah!

I moved to Chiang Mai with my amazing partner Andrew. I'm looking to meet some new and interesting people whilst I'm here.

Did I write something wrong, since my previous post was deleted?

KristianLevinsen wrote:

Did I write something wrong, since my previous post was deleted?

You can find it here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 90#2752123

A new forum has been opened for it under Chiang Mai to have a better audience

Hi

My name is Boontoom
I'm Thai Engineer. I have toured Japan to visit Kobe, Himeji Castle, Sensouji and Tokyo.
I have toured South Korea and China too.
I like Japaneses tradition.
I impressed Himeji castle and Sensouji.
If you are expat. and need any help, Thailand data or other
feel free to talk with me , I 'll help you as possible as

Bye

Hi everyone, I'm Lana! I living and working in Pattaya

Hi Ian , I just moved from Mallorca to Thailand. Rented a property in Santanyi for five glorious years !  Going back and forth from Spain to the Uk as my husband is british and my family are all in the Uk. I hope you find what you are looking for here. They have amazing beaches !!! But Mallorca is hard to beat ! lol

Sawadee Kha Everyone :)

I'm Alissha and I will be completing my TESOL certificate on Nov. 16th 2015 in Pattaya. I'm hoping to move to Phuket after my training to look for a teaching job at a Private school and find a place to live with like minded individuals! I love the beach, swimming, drinking, dancing, exploring, relaxing and creating! I hope this forum can help me find the best of Thailand without feeling like a tourist on a daily basis. I've been to Thailand before and absolutely fell in love!

If you are looking for a future new roommate or friend let me know!

Thanks!!

I am planning on moving to Chiang Mai for the September 15 to the end of October 2015. My goal is to experience life in Chiang Mai and decide if I wish to live there,work there and eventually retire. I am a teacher and just finished two successful years teaching English in a  Concorde College located in Tongzhou, Beijing. I am 60 years old and very active and not ready to slow down.
I have work in China, if I need to return there, but my desire to experience Thailand is strong. I have visited Phuket twice with friends.
I am canadian living in New Brunswick Canada

Love This Blog

Russell

MY NAME IS ANDREW I'M 53 YEARS OLD AND I'M FROM HOUSTON TEXAS U.S.A AND I'M MOVING TO THAILAND VERY SOON AND I'M LOOKING TO FIND WORK AS A DJ I'VE BEEN A DJ FOR 37 YEARS AND HAVE PLAYED MUSIC IN ALL KINDS OF CLUBS AND ALSO HAVE A MOBILE DJ BUSINESS PLAYING AT WEDDINGS AND BIRTHDAY PARTIES I WOULD LOVE TO FIND WORK IN A FEW BARS I CAN PLAY ANY KIND OF MUSIC AND WORK ANY KIND OF CLUB OR EVEN TEACH OTHERS HOW TO DJ I HAVE OVER A MILLION SONGS AND ACCESS TO A BILLION MORE IF YOU KNOW ANYONE OR ANY BARS OR CLUBS LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED DJ WHO CAN PLAY ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW

DJ DREW wrote:

MY NAME IS ANDREW I'M 53 YEARS OLD AND I'M FROM HOUSTON TEXAS U.S.A AND I'M MOVING TO THAILAND VERY SOON AND I'M LOOKING TO FIND WORK AS A DJ I'VE BEEN A DJ FOR 37 YEARS AND HAVE PLAYED MUSIC IN ALL KINDS OF CLUBS AND ALSO HAVE A MOBILE DJ BUSINESS PLAYING AT WEDDINGS AND BIRTHDAY PARTIES I WOULD LOVE TO FIND WORK IN A FEW BARS I CAN PLAY ANY KIND OF MUSIC AND WORK ANY KIND OF CLUB OR EVEN TEACH OTHERS HOW TO DJ I HAVE OVER A MILLION SONGS AND ACCESS TO A BILLION MORE IF YOU KNOW ANYONE OR ANY BARS OR CLUBS LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED DJ WHO CAN PLAY ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Hi Drew.

As a favor to members please lower your caps lock when posting.
It is considered rude to post in uppercase and is the same as shouting at someone.
Thank you.

Closed