New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hey y'all!
I just arrived in Singapore two weeks ago, nice to meet you all :)
Hoping to find a choir with an affection towards modern music.

am interest of meeting you dear ..can wait to know u

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Advertising not allowed on the forum

Hello,

I am expat in Singapore, joined an IT company and will live here now.
I want to get in touch with expat who are already here for some time and explored the Singapore a bit more than me, to share some information.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am Abdul from Pakistan, i moved here just a week ago, i need some useful information from you. Let me know when we can talk about it?

Thanks,
Abdul

Hi..
i am Zahed from Bangladesh. New in Singapore. I would like to be friendly with you.if you are interested please send me message.

Hello Kim,
I have been in Korea 2 times and I really love your country! I hope to know you more and hope to learn how to speak Korean better😊😊

Hi everyone, I am uday kumar from Bangalore
MBA graduate working in private firm.

Having 12 year of experience.

Thanks
Uday kumar

Hello everyone,

I will be in Singapore in mid October and will stay there for the next 2 years. To introduce myself briefly, I will be working as a researcher in chemistry. I am Greek and I love practicing some hobbies. I love salsa dance, would be very interested in finding a kizomba school near my place or work and I would like to learn how to play the guitar. Time permitted, I would be interested in learning Spanish too.

I will be glad to make new friends and explore conservatively the country. Grateful to anyone with similar interests and hobbies who can give some advice and guidance.

I feel excited and scared, enthusiastic and nervous for this transfer of myself to the other side of the planet and I would like to start some conversations with people from or in Singapore, before my arrival.

Cheers!

Hey people,

I'm Shyam from India.. currently on a one month stay here.. would love to meet new people.. share ideas and thoughts... a coffee sometime.. :)

Looking forward :)

Hi shyam,

In India from which city you are.

I am from Bangalore and trying for job in Singapore.

Can you send me the job website or employment agencies email id.

I can communicate with them.

Thanks
Uday kumar

Welcome to.singapore :) hope you have an amazing time :) Do stay n touch :)

Hi, my name is Karthik, 27 years old and I am from India. Staying in Singapore since 2013. Came here for my masters at NUS in 2013 and graduated in 2014.

Hi to all,

Myself  Ramakrishna (RK) from India. actually i needed some information about singapore work visa.

Could any body help me on singapore work visa.
And also can i able to get job from india itself after i got visa ?

Thanks in Advance...

Regards,
    RK

You need to find a job first aand then the employer applies for your work visa.
It is very difficult to find a job from abroad, so I recommend visiting Singapore for your job search.

Just about to arrive within 2 weeks,and need a friend in Singapore.where are the Ghanaians in singapore

Thanks for your replies.. i will do that

Hi all,

Im newbie here and coming from jkt indonesia and I just started to live in SG for a week now, and probably will move in soon.

Cheers,
Indra

Hi lily,

Nice to know about you more,
Maybe we can meet sometimes.

I wanna make a friend from every country to know about the culture..

Cheers,
Indra

Hi there! I am Mengistu want to live singapore, and working there to have better life since I am young energetic, adjustable to any type of work. So, pls! Would you give me some oreintation of singapore? Job oppportunity, how can I get local sponser, life style and so on. Thank in your coopration!

Mangistu Gabisa wrote:

Hi there! I am Mengistu want to live singapore, and working there to have better life since I am young energetic, adjustable to any type of work. So, pls! Would you give me some oreintation of singapore? Job oppportunity, how can I get local sponser, life style and so on. Thank in your coopration!

Hi and welcome to the forum!
You have come to the right place for information about finding a job in Singapore: the topic has already been discussed many times, so you can first read these threads. If you then still have a particular question that wasn't adressed, you can post it here as well.
The good news regarding your question of finding a sponsor: You don't need one, because any employer who offers you a job would automatically sponsor your visa!

Hi Friends,

Greetings to all

This is Kishore from India.., M looking for a Job in Singapore., as a Helper, warehouse In charge, Sales Executive, Personal Car Driver, Desktop Support Engineer, or Any job...!!

Please Help me in Finding Job here..!! My Family in very poor Condition., I hope you friends help us...!!!

Please Reply us with your Opportunity..!! M very Friendly & Trust worthy..!!

Thank you.
Kishore Chowdary
Indian

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security, Please do not share phone number on the forum.

Hi Nirosha,

This is Kishore, nice to Meet you., M interested to be a Friend with you.,

M from India., M looking a Job at Singapore.,

Kichu9 wrote:

M looking for a Job in Singapore., as a Helper, warehouse In charge, Sales Executive, Personal Car Driver, Desktop Support Engineer, or Any job...!!

As has been  pointed out on this forum - did you read the many discussions on job search in Singapore? - you need an education and skills that are not common among the locals to get job and visa for Singapore.
Thus "any job" will not work - you should concentrate on the kind of job where something puts you ahead of the locals, who otherwise must be hired first (by law). It is not apparent from your post what that could be, but maybe you can explain more?

Hi There

I am from Toronto, Canada and would like to move to Singapore to work and live. I have worked with FedEx Express Canada and International for over 18-years with my last role as Country Operations Manager.

Please help me in connecting with growing logistics or courier companies or with Executive Recruiters in Singapore.

Cheers
Javed Iqbal
Toronto, Canada

Hi Sameen

I am also planning on moving from Toronto, Canada to Singapore by November this year so stay in touch,  we might hang out together  ;)

Dear Javed,
Welcome to the forum!
Did you already read the many tips available on the forum, as the topic of job search comes up several times a week.
If after that you still have a specific wuestion that wasn't addressed before, please come back and post it here.
Good luck!

Hi,
Am a graduate currently looking for a job in Singapore. Am planing to move officially to Singapore July 2016. I hope I can make some friends here to help me with vital information about accommodation and rent.

Thanks. :)

Hi,
Am a graduate currently looking for a job in Singapore. Am planing to move officially to Singapore July 2016. I hope I can make some friends here to help me with vital information about accommodation and rent.

Thanks. :)

Please is it OK to come to Singapore before applying for Visa and work permit or I should get them before coming?

Amorine

Stay in touch,  I am planning on moving to Singapore in November.  Let's be friends

Cheers

Amorine: Your question indicates that you didn't do any research yet about Singapore.
Please read the many posts on this forum, which will answer most of your questions.
And of course it is NOT o.k. To travel to Singapore without a visa (or being eligible for visa-on-arrival).

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529771

Thanks!

Closed