New members of the Cambodia forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share external links and personal contact infos on the public forum

Hello,
My husband and I spent time in Cambodia this summer.  We have traveled around the world and found the Cambodia people some of the nicest people in the world.  We are seriously thinking of retiring early and know we could not do it in the U.S. But on our teacher salary we could make it happen there.  We are both have our doctorate and specialize in teaching classes in business, marketing, entrepreneurship and selling.  We hope we can either help someone start a business or teach again. 
We are very young fifties.  Our age is simply a number, not how old we feel. 

We are looking for introductions and ways to meet others when we get over there. We are open as to where we live in Cambodia as well.  We have stayed in both Siem  Reap and Phnom Penh.  We can afford to spend about $1,000 living a month.  Will this be enough?

As we get closer to our move we will reach out again. Thank you for your time.

Hello am sobol am cambodian i like to study business verry much!,

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am new to this forum and have just left Thailand after 4 years and i am enjoying the relaxed lifestyle of Cambodia, i left Thailand due to immigration problems with my business visa and have grown tired of the hurdles ,

Enjoy this country and am looking forward to building a life here soon i will start looking at employment .

Regards

Welcome to Cambodia! it's much easier to live here in my opinion as well. I don't know much about Thailand's requirements, but have heard it's tougher. Hope you enjoy it. I'm up in Siem Reap.

Yes I am enjoying Cambodia and you can be sure Thai Immigration are now almost impossible, ,how long have you been here ?

HI,

Im new to this site but not new to the country, My family moved here when i was just a kid back in 1994. After living in Cambodia for 20 years or more as a foreigner, now is the perfect time for purchasing land, and now is the time to start a business with guaranteed profitable returns. Now me and my siblings have started families and careers here. I have close ties in the government and can speak the language fluently which gives me an advantage when it comes to doing any kind of business here. I just got back from the states about a couple weeks ago and have already been given numerous tips on condo developments and other profitable investments. If you think i can be of any help please hit me up on my personal email (attached below).

Regards,

Patrick

EMAIL: *******************

Reason : Message edited - do not post your personal contact details for your own security

I agree when you say that Cambodian people are among the nicest on earth!!!

My name is Ngeth Tongkhaw and I live in Cambodia (male). I am a teacher both Khmer and English and I am looking for a position as a tutor of both languages.

Hi,

My husband and I are thinking of a move to cambodia. He is Nepal citizen and I am UK.  I would just like some advise on if it is possible to get work out there and any website we could look at for work before we arrive. From the information I have read you would need sponsored by an employer before arriva if you wish to get a working visa over there. Please can anyone offer us any more information and help with this.  We currently live in Goa, India where my husband works as a restaurant/bar manager. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Charlotte and Raj

Hi, everyone!

My name is Alex. I'm from london, England and I'm planning to move to Phnom Penh, Cambodia next year in April.
I'm currently living and working in Japan, but I will be taking a short trip to Phnom Penh in October 2015.

I am interested in doing some business in Cambodia and making new friends that are currently residing in Cambodia.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Cheers,

I've been in Siem Reap for just over three years. I get my visa renewed every six months, and it's simple. Prices have gone up a little bit for it, but overall it's not that bad. It helps to have someone that speaks Khmer for you so you don't get ripped off;) Fortunately my wife is Khmer and has contacts that helped me out this past time.

Hello! My name is Chet and I am Cambodia. After reading your text, I think your interesting is the same to me that we want to make new friend and have business in my country. Therefore, when you arrive my country, don't forget to contact me.

Hello sir ,
How are you ? In what business would you like to run ?

I'd like to get into finding new homes for expats that have just moved here, or folks that may have lived here a while, but are looking for a new location! I could always use the help in finding these locations.

Hi my name is chloe I have just moved to Cambodia from Bristol, England and have just passed my TEFL course to teach English which is why I've moved here. I am currently volunteering in Kampot province as an English teacher but and moving into Phnom a Penh in the next few weeks (I have some interviews lined up for teaching so once I have a job) I love cambodia so far and can't wait to settle here for a while looking to meet people and make new friends and hopefully a new housemate, so if anyone is moving to Phnom Penh in the next month message me I love meeting new people and can't wait ton start my new adventures!

Xxx

Hi Alex I'm chloe I'm also from England (bristol) I plan on moving to Phnom Penh in October also I've been here a month so far staying in Kampot, such a beautiful country have you been here before. How long is your trip in October for ☺

Hi, Chloe.

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on this site in awhile now. Yes,I have been to Cambodia before, I travelled there last year in October and what can I say... I loved it so much that I have chosen to travel there again in  October. I'm planning to stay there for only 10 days, however I'm planning to move there next year in April.

Feel free to contact me regarding anything. Cheers!

My family of 5 is looking to rent a full service apartment in Toul Kork area for dates Sept. 18th to November 23rd. We are here to volunteer at a hospital and school there.

Hello all

im Tuan who came from Vietnam,probably not a lot of Vietnamese people joining this forum

I ll be in Siemriep tomorrow and really want to settle down there and finidng a job, please help and introduce if possible

Thansk a lot for your consideration on it

I am looking for land for sale on the beach in Sihanoukville. Any help would be great

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : no free advertising on the Forum pls - register yourself in our Business directory pls
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Hi

I am from Melbourne Australia and planning a 4 month stay in Siem Reap Province, Cambodia middle of next year hopefully to do volunteering work teaching English conversation. I plan to retire from my job next year and will be able to support my plans as I will have a good superannuation

Reason : please post in the jobs section

Hi all

I have been to Khmer 3 or 4 times and have many khmer friends in Siem Reap. I have basic reading and writing ability in khmer but need more exposure to conversation. I  am planning a longer stay as I will retire soon and would love to spend time volunteering teaching english conversation and basic maths and computer skills. I am planning to go for 4 months in mid 2016. I am currently resident in Melbourne Australia

Hi,

My name is Heng AN, Cambodian. I am an NGO staff member working in Phnom Penh. I like to make friends with people from all over the world and share our local inputs, traditions and culture. I like cycling, so I want to join other friends cycling around Phnom Penh. Also, I like parties with expat friends!

I am a founder of Cambodia English Project, providing free English lessons to kids on Koh Dach Island (Mekong Island) at the outskirt of Phnom Penh. *
Best,

Heng An

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links and email address not allowed on forum. You should use the private message system for that.

Hi

I am Chung from Malaysia. I just came back to Battambang, Cambodia with my new passport.
Due to the recent heavy rain, my place was flooded. The neighbor's pond was filled up and the road are higher, the rain water have no way to go. Hoping the authority will dig a canal.
Most of my plants are dying, they are valuable herbals plant like toothache plant , cancer plant., king of bitter, moringa , mulberry etc
Hopefully the rain will gone and I will dig a pond for the fish and rear chicken on top. Making a small hut with many stars on top..ha ha ....

You are welcome

Hi,
I have 2 room vacant in Battambang , if you have problem with your night for few days. You can contact me also.

You will love it..
Chung

Hi,
I had been to HoCHi MIn and visited  the Cuci Tunnel many years ago . I took a bus from Phom Phen to Ho Chi Min about a day journey.

I hope I will visit Ho Chi MIn again and visit the Mekong River.

I am in Battambang city

Hi

I'd like to know more about your Free English Project

James

http://www.vipkhmer.com/cambodian-citiz … n-services

the best one i recommend you

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com all new members  :happy:

Please let us keep this thread only for the introduction of new members.

If you want to share your experience or need any infos, please start a new topic on the Cambodia forum.

https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hi. I moved to PP fron England 6 weeks ago after having a holiday here in February. You probably kbow Cambodia better than me, but am happy to give you any advice I can.
I'm 41 and would be nice to meet people other than the backpacker crowd!
Christine

Hi,
I just come to live in PP, and I'd like to meet khmer people to discover their country and culture.

Advices around a cup of tea ?

That sounds nice! Happy for you to suggest the place
Christine

too new in PP to choose a good place, me e-mail ******************
looking forward to meet you

Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529731

Thanks!

Closed