COST OF LIVING - HELP

i have got an offer form a mauratiaus comapny

They are offering 73,000.00 MUR per month + education for 2 child up to 14600 MUR per month + medical.

I have to manage for Myself + wife + 1 child having age of 4 years and one of 1 year

can any one help with

01 Rent for 4 family member
02 Fooding expenses
03 Car & fule expense
04 GAS / FULE / ELECTRICITY
05 other cell / internet etc

Approximately what can i save on monthly basis

Hello and welcome to Expat.com, Tarunhshah :)

There is already a subject on cost of living in Mauritius running on top of the forum which you might want to read as well as recent topics of the forum that contain many practical information.

Cheers
Arlette

Thank alot for taking some time . I have gone through all but not getting exact clue . also some of the blog on cost of living are older than 1 year .

if you can give specific idea on my confusion i would be thank ful to you

Hi Tarun,

You have too many questions. I have sent you my skype ID. You can ask me all your doubts, I'll try my best to answer most of them.

Terence

01 Rent for 4 family member - depends on location but you can figure between 22000 and 30000 rs for house. Most ex-pats I know pay around 20000 to 32000 for a house. Please let me know what location you are looking for and I can help you out.

02 Fooding expenses - 12000 to 15000 per month

03 Car & fule expense - 12000(rental car) gas is $1.53 per liter or 46rs per liter. You can calculate your fuel expense by the number of expected miles per day you will drive. You can buy a used car for around 200,000 to 300,000 rs. CARS are expensive on the island. Expect to pay double or triple for what you would pay in your country.

04 GAS / FULE / ELECTRICITY - cooking gas/and gas for on demand hot water (125rs per month), Electricity assuming 1 AC unit running a few hours at night 1500rs. with multiple AC's running it could be around 4000rs to 6000rs

05 other cell / internet etc - each cell phone 300rs per month. ADSL is 900rs per month.