Moving to sma

Can anybody help me assuage our families fears over our move to SMA...we are a small family of working artists mom dad and three year old. Hubby and I wish to spend 6 months in SMA putting together our respective bodies of work...he is an oil painter and I write...Recent media hype and hysteria have caused worry,,, I consider it strange coming from our parents since they raised us in new orleans and atlanta ,,,both crime ridden and very dangerous cities we loved,,, survived and even managed to thrive in...are families fears around SMA safety anything more than loving grandparents concerns...I am not inclined to make fear based decisions now anymore than ever.. i want them to feel reassured and to support our choice...so hard to present my case with so much information out there. HELP!!

I feel much safer here than in the states.  Yes there are problems but it is NOT unsafe.  If you lived in Atlanta and New Orleans this will be a very tame place!!!!

I am an artist and have lived here for 5 years.   I am 62 year old woman and I live alone in a Mexican neighborhood.. I LOVE IT..
   Good luck on your move!

Thanks! I olan to collect every tidbit of positive information to give the elders in our family and I appreciate yours! Cheers!

If you lived in New Orleans you will feel a lot safer in San Miguel!!!! I think Mexico is safer than the US in general.

Hello jbrauwn,

Thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to participate on more recent threads of the San Miguel de Allende forum as this thread is from 2010.

All the best
Bhavna