Accomodation not too far from St Christopher's school?

Hi,
We are coming to live in Bahrain. Our daughter is hopefully going to St Christopher's school. We are looking for a 2 bed apt with pool and gym. Can anyone advise us where is a good area that is not too far from the school and beach/park area please? Or if anyone knows of any apt that is currently vacant?

Hi ! which place do you prefer to stay? Let me know, and i will search for you ;)

Cheers!

Hi,
Thankyou so much. Not really bothered as long as nice and near a beach for walking. Needs to be near the school too.
We are coming out on 22nd july.

Do you know best sites please then I can be looking too?

Thanks

You can try to visit the expatriates.com/bahrain :)

the easiest way is to engage with agent.
look for this website. plenty agents are waiting for you.

http://www.bahrainpropertyworld.com/

Hi, I don't know the area at all but somewhere family/dog friendly. Thank you.

Hello - we are also moving to Bahrain soon and I have been looking at St Christopher for my 2 children. My daughter is 10 and my son is 8 years old. Saar seems a popular place and budaiya too
I also read that there are school buses available to transport the children to school from various compounds. Have you enrolled your daughter? Was it hard to get a place at the school? I am worried there will be a waiting list!

from my experience, yes it is hard to get a space at SC school.
when I applied early this year I have been told the waiting list is about six months long and there is no guarantee after 6 months.
but for British national it may be easier than others. All you can do is to contact the school regularly.

I would contact other schools as well just in case.

good luck.

Hi,
The schools are closed now for summer but I spoke to St Chris just before end of term. They are fully booked for my daughter's year ( 7 ). The best thing to do is email them and put the subject as URGENT then someone will contact you. They have told me to contact them the week commencing 23rd August.
Hope this helps.

Thank you I will send them an email and fingers crossed!! You said you were moving end of July - what do you intend to do if your daughter doesn't get a place? I am very worried that we will move out there and find ourselves with no schooling for the children!

There are other schools, BSB is also a British school but plan B would be home schooling until a place comes up. I am sure the school would give the curriculum work to take away and do from home. When I spoke to the school they said that there is so much movement over the summer that there will probably be a place. So now my main concern is accommodation. Hope this puts your mind at rest a little.
What will be will be and if you have 3 children that's a lot of money for the school so it is in their interest to place them.
Have a lovely day and let me know how you get on etc.

Yes we have looked at the bsb and I emailed them too so will wait and see! We considered temporary home schooling too....
All very daunting - New country, school and house! Exciting at the same time though! Just waiting for my husbands visa to come through then we can actively start looking for accommodation. Hope you find something suitable for you and your family. Nice to have someone to talk to in the same situation!

What does your husband do for work? We should try and meet up. When did you say you fly? Forgive me but I am talking to quite a few people on here.

My husband will be working in jubail as a business unit manager - what about yourself? We fly out October half term. Would be lovely to meet up!

Hi
My Husband is a project dirextor in construction. We fly out on Weds to find accommodation then I come back on 9th Aug. Then me and our daughter fly on 27th Aug until..........

Whereabouts are you living at the moment?
I will be able to tell you about areas once I am out there.
How old are your children?
I will be glad of a rest once I have  sorted our place out!!