Non-eu spouse, how long it takes to get work permit in malta

i have a boyfriend malta citizen we are planning to marry i am wondering how long does it take for me to get work permit? Or will i be eligible any time soon? Thank you all very much.

Once you are married and have gained residency in Malta you will be elible to work. But not before.

Cheers
Ricky

some people telling me it takes 2 years to get work permit? i am getting crisis at the moment. i cannot do that. 2 years do nothing!?

Marrying someone from Malta and moving to Malta is not the same as marrying an EU citizen and moving to Malta !

EU citizens and their spouses/partners enjoy freedom of movement rights within the EU whereas a Maltese citizen in Malta is subject to Maltese law.

in your case the there could be a waiting period or maybe not ! That is subject to discretion by the Director of the Dep. for Immigration and Expatriate Affiers. Your future husband should discuss the issue with them if it is important for you.

Cheers
Ricky

thank you very much dear ricky. Of course it is important how long it takes so financially i should be ready

don,t worry
if u get marry with any european u get all what u want
same rights
have a good luck
you find europeam boyfriend
but make sure he want help uuuuu