Anybody know what kind of jobs are available for expats (besides Eng)

HI All,

My name's Roy. I currently live in Mumbai and have always dreamed of relocate to Taiwan permanently. From what I've read in this and other forums is that Taiwan is a mixed bag when it comes to positive and negative experiences. I am not in the least bit discouraged. However, I am finding it difficult to figure what the job market is like there. Does anybody know what kind of jobs are available for expats (besides teaching English)... I have an Indian passport along with an MBA diploma and 2 years of experience in marketing and sales. Any information you have might help, so please feel free to share. I've lived in Thailand for a little over 2 years and could be of help to anybody looking to do the same :)

Warm regards,
Roy.

Hello, Roy,

From what I've heard, foreigners who can speak Mandarin will have better chances of finding a non-teaching job. :) You may still try to search online, because maybe your skills and career background are exactly what some are looking for. I'm sorry I cannot think of a specific website at the moment. I wish you all the best in your job hunt! :D

Joanna

Hello Roy,

Welcome to expat-blog!

A new thread has been created from your post on the Taiwan forum so that you can get maximum interactions and hopefully some advices from members of this forum.

Also, you may browse through the discussion threads on the Working in Taiwan category of the forum to gather some useful information.

Best of luck,
Bhavna  :)

Hi!
I've recently been in the same position because I was thinking about leaving teaching and have been doing a blog while looking for work to supplement my blog.  It's hard.  I have only seen two job postings on two different websites in the last month.  I'm pretty sure they have been filled by now.  If you want to widen your job search, check out - tealit.com for job postings and esldewey.com for job postings.  Both of these websites have had other jobs on them recently.  The two I applied for were for a financial editor and for a blogger.  Also, if you haven't gotten on LinkedIn, you should.  There are a few job postings on there as well, all non-teaching.  Mostly computer but a few that you might qualify for with your MBA.  I wish you luck in your job hunt.  I've given up...and will probably go back to teaching to supplement my blog for now.  :(