Pakistani want to marry Mexican in Malaysia- What requirements?

Hi every buddy. I am from Pakistan . I would like to visit Malaysia for marriage with a girl from Mexico. We both are coming on visit visa to Malaysia. And would like to marry in Malaysia . So I would like to know what are the requirements and duration for marriage registration for us.

If you are Muslim then the lady would need to convert. Usual steps for Muslim marriage i.e. medical, confirmation of no objection handled by embassy here, and at least 6 days in Malaysia before the event. There are other posts about this is you do a search on the forum.

I am Male from Bangladesh and living in Malaysia for 2 years. I want to get married to Malaysian (we both Muslim).
I want to know exact procedures to get married. Is it necessary for me to hire any lawyer? How complicated is the process for foreigners to get married in Malaysia? What are the requirements or things I need to prepare to get married here (documents, formalities and etc).
If i could have a detailed explanation it would be very helpful.

Bonneyclyde - on what type of visa have you been living in Malaysia on during the last 2 years? This is important to advise you.

please note that the girl having Wali problems.

Student visa

Well you need consent from her family - that 100% for sure. Without that no marriage.  I also don't think you can marry while on a student visa - you definitely cant if on a foreign worker pass. I will try and find the rules.

You cant marry ANYWHERE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD without permission from her family. I guess they think you are young and have no prospects and just seeking an easy life in Malaysia - so don't hold your breath and think it is likely to happen.

I understand. Kindly please tell me about the rule and etc and complications. I am not working here of any sort just studying though I have business back in my country.

Is it possible to get married in Thailand and then register here?

In case of when the girl's mother is a divorced and we have her consent & if the girl and the mother both don't want to involve father due to various reasons. Are there any problems or any complications?

Pls let me know about the possibilities that will allow me to get married in Malaysia or abroad and register in Malaysia aswell.

Thanks

Go to your nearest Mosque and make enquiries there.

The girls father must consent. No hiding place i.e. you wont be able to marry anywhere because the Bangladesh and Malaysian Embassies will be involved and of course you need the medical and blood test.

Gravitas wrote:

Well you need consent from her family - that 100% for sure. Without that no marriage.  I also don't think you can marry while on a student visa - you definitely cant if on a foreign worker pass. I will try and find the rules.

You cant marry ANYWHERE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD without permission from her family. I guess they think you are young and have no prospects and just seeking an easy life in Malaysia - so don't hold your breath and think it is likely to happen.

This is untrue. Yes, a muslim can marry anywhere in the world according to the usual rules of their faith and no, family permission is not required. Couples go to Thailand and other places everyday for legal marriages and without any family in the picture. Then they return, go to court, pay fines, register and finished.

Those are facts which are easily verified by:
1) walk into any syariah court and ask the clerk or baliff. They will confirm this. Its good to talk to baliffs because they sit in on every case and know everything and the outcomes.
2) google any muslim marry agent and ask him on the phone. There are several in google.
3) google past articles in newspapers about muslims marrying abroad. Facts are there too.
4) Walk into any Pejabat Agama office (JAIS) and they will also confirm what I said.
5) Call any syariah lawyer on the phone that you can find. They will also confirm.

And I will eat my hat if anyone finds I am wrong!

I realize you are giving a personal opinion not based on facts and thats perfectly ok when peoples lives are not in the balance. Marriage is life changing and facts should be laid out carefully and without opinion or conjecture.

CVCO - go eat your hat please !!! There are no runaway brides in Islam. The guardian or male family member of both parties need to give permission. When marrying outside one's own country, that is controlled via the Embassy of the foreign country where the application to marry is made. Often if there is doubt on either side, they will wait for the other side to give permission - which obviously leads to stalemate. Its like everything else - needing NOC (No Objection Certificate)

Gravitas - What do u mean by NOC?
Is it the same thing as single certificate?
If not can u pls state the difference and how to get it.

If any one could tell me Permission to marry and Single Status Declaration letter is it the same thing?

Hello again Bonneyclyde. No they are not the same. One is to confirm that you have not been married before, and if one of the parties to the intended marriage has, they have to show the marriage is no longer in force. Its a declaration.

The permission comes from the guardian/parent (male usually) of both parties that they have no objection to the union (I used the word NOC as its the common way to refer to having no objection).

If marrying in a foreign country the party's embassy is usually involved in confirming that all the requirements and paperwork have been presented and in order. So they coordinate locally in Malaysia.

Hope this explains.

Gravitas - Thanks a bunch. It was really helpful.

Just my two cents.

Bonneyclyde
The consent of family bride is must to be obtain first. You cannot ignore the 1st rules even there is hadith said the bride is the one to decide who she wants to marry. (without prejudice)

Please try your best to gather information from your embassy. Surely they will have their personnel contact from the experience. Please do it correctly if you have to marry in Tailand, there is a lot of issues such as-not authorized/registered Wali, a fake certificate of marriage, Unleft stamping on passport to proof you are in Thailand and so on. (I am not encouraging you) All this need to be show to the syariah court once you back.

Perhaps you can shares with us once you find your solutions.

Hi the Islamic courts in Malaysia can appoint a Wali if there is enough evidence that there are good reasons to marry. It depends on the Imam you meet - some are more modern and I know people can marry on tourist visas if they get the right Imam who can pull strings. One I know said he did once as he felt they would commit Khalwat and that he thought they were in love.

It is hit or miss though. Of course whether family back home will accept it.......

Student Visa, MM2H, Professional, Social Visa can get married in Malaysia but there are complicated guidelines and alot of paperwork requirements. I understand about the importance of Wali now and to what extent the court may provide me Wali.
Thanks Gravitas.
So far if anyone wants to marry a Malaysian muslim, I will suggest him/her to do the Perkahwinan Course (Pre Marriage Course) along with your to be spouse. If you don't understand bahasa melayu your to be spouse can explain you the major things.

Now my question is..
Permission To Marry Letter from Immigration Malaysia. How & Where can I do this. Please give me a suggestion. Is there at all any such permission required?

Hi i am f Malaysian n my bf is a Pakistani so if we want to get married what are steps n how long will it take for us to be married coz if my bf were to come here on a 1 month visa im afraid we wont hv much time to finish with the marriage..
thank you.. Lia

Ha I'm from Pakistan living in Malaysia I want to marry with my Japanese girlfriend in Malaysia anybody can tell me how it's possible

want to know the answer

Main question is can two Muslim foreigners marry in Malaysia or does one have to be a Malaysian citizen.

Check with your embassy here.