Move to San Diego

Hello everyone.....

I'm Indonesian woman and I'm thinking about moving to San Diego. I have a friend who live there but I would like to contact Indonesians and other expat who live in South California to get some information about living in there.  Is there any Indonesian community in South California??  I would like to know how to find job there. I speak Indonesia and English, having job experiences in Finance and banking.

Thank you in advance for your information.

Regard
Bewithyou

Hi there, Salamat!  In San Diego, there are Indonesians who go to college at Grossmont College. It's in a city called La Mesa. I was there for a couple years and remembered there were a lot of Indonesians. Also, look up on google Indonesian clubs in San Diego and join them. For jobs, San Diego sucks. Try very hard to get some interviews prepared before you come. Otherwise if you come without a job, it could take 6-9 months to find something. Rent in the La Mesa area is ok and fairly safe. It's your best option because overall, San Diego is very expensive to live in.
Any more questions, please ask me. Take care, Robert

Hi Salamat, I agree with Robert!! I lived in San Diego for 24 years, my son, daughter-in-law and grandsons still live there.

San Diego is beautiful for tourists and people who have stable jobs. Newcomers to San Diego should have jobs in advance. 

Good luck,
Josie