Things to do in Valparaiso during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in Valparaiso?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in Valparaiso?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

Hi.  I fly out every couple of years to visit my son and family an this year will be about the 6th trip.  This time I will be going into the mountains near VALPO for horse riding bbq and swimming with the family.  Then I will be taking my grandson to fantisilandia, probably go to La Calera to visit my daughter in laws family where we will party, bbq, and karaoke foe the weekend.  I may go to Santiago to see the sights and travel up in the ascensors high up to get the magnificent view, go to the fish market in Protaris to buy that lovely raw fish dish with lemon and garlic and see the magnificent seal population.  Travel on the metro and listen to all the entertainers.  Wow!  Where do I stop? I don't need to do the culture thing!  I like to have good safe fun.  I shall be on the beach maybe in Con Con to get some sun and rest.  I have got 3 weeks there. It would be great to meet some English speakers as son is working during week, grandson at school and I might be at a loose end sometimes! So what can I do on my own that isn't expensive and Boring!

Wow Madge you certainly must have a lot of experience of expat life in Chile after 6 visits.

Have you considered moving to live there permanently?