Things to do in Belém during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in Belém?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in Belém?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

Hello,
I usually go to Utinga, Ilha do Combu or to some restaurants.
It would be really nice to organize an Expat meeting in Belem!

Cheers,
Valentina

It would be nice to have a meet up with all the members in Belem and maybe do a "Walk About"(oh boy/lol/kkk) or take a boat ride where the whole crew is able to enjoy conversation and a "Adult Beverage".

I'm in !  We just need to organize the party/festa.

I usally go to street market in my barrio/part of town and a few restuarants, I started making my own "Sushi" and I love to cook for family and friends, I don't like the local pizza so I opt for a drive to Pizza Hut muito bom /very good it satisfies my taste for a "Norte Americano/Gringo (kkk)lol) pizza it's like just put pepperoni and cheese and I'm good.

I haven't tried Domino's my quest now is to find a good Taco or Mexican Restaurant the tacos at the mall are "ok" yet I know somewhere in Belem and one day I will find it and the will make me complete (lol/smh/kkk). I do like Nippobrazil for I am able to buy Farmed Chilean Salmon ( I miss Wild Salmon in Alaska) yet it surfices I am able to buy frozen tuna and a nice sake  (lol) and Kikomans Soy, I love good food and good times.

Some weekends we go to the beach house in Mosquero (sp) or as the locals say ? Mosquito  (rotfl/kkk) Benevides and Campinina we visit and Salinas sometimes.

I have been here 18 months and the GPS on my tablet is great for directions (obrigo Google/ Thank you Google)...
So I am up for a picnic or dinner or adult libations..

Thank you for nice advice about NippoBrasil. I saw this store but never entered.
And as for the meet up, the problem is that I don't know any expats living here. I've been living in Belem for 1 year but still haven't found expats here

There is a list of Expat members on the Belem page, we can start there , I go to the Nippobrazil across the street from Formosa (and I have fun in there/lol. Maybe we can share and make some plans of contacting some the members and see if there still active on Expat and not in Name Only (lol) for it would be nice just to meet up no matter what the native language maybe, for we all are Portuguese Language Beginners/Novice.. So let's communicate and start the process.....