Visa apply - how to get our marriage legalized in Norway?

Hello...
I just want an advice, since I'm here now in Norway as a tourist within 90days living with my husband. We have planing to live here permanently, we tried to go to the municipality here and gave my all necessary documents to approve thier my married license because we married last March 2015 in Philippines.  They doesn't approve my married license here cause me and my husband married there in Philippines, Norwegian embassy in Manila should to legalize or approve the married license.
What can I do? My husband want me to stay here permanent.

Perhaps contact the Norwegian Embassy in Manila for advice would seem to me to best the best option. It seems that the obstacle is the fact that you did not register your marriage with them.
Or have you thought about getting married in Norway??

Have you read this page and followed the instructions after your marriage at the bottom part of the page that starts with "note"

Norway Embassy Philippines- About marriage

since u mentioned u are on a tourist visa,  i think you wont be able to register ur marriage in Skatteetaten. here's what the Skatteetaten site says about registration of marriage:

How do I get my marriage recognised in Norway?

To have your marriage recognised in Norway, you must present your original marriage certificate to the tax office. However, there are wide variations in what is deemed to be valid documentation when getting married abroad:

Marriage entered into in:
Africa: Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ivory Coast, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe and Uganda.
Asia: Afghanistan, India, Iraq, Myanmar (Burma), Pakistan, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and Yemen.
Europe: Kosovo
Certificates from these countries have little or no credibility because they are often forged. Exceptions may be made if the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) accepts that the marriage has been entered into in connection with a family reunion. The same will apply if a Norwegian foreign service mission is able to certify the marriage.

source: Skatteetaten -  Marriage Abroad

in my understanding of this statement,  they will only accept the Philippine issued marriage certificate to be legit if UDI had acquired the same document thru a family immigration visa application.. which means u have a valid residence permit, but as u said u have a tourist visa.. tho i cant be sure,  this is just based on their website,  so its much  better to call Skatteetaten about registering ur marriage...

however,  registering ur philippine marriage to Norway doesnt automatically grant you permission to stay in Norway legally... you still have to apply for a family reunification (with spouse) permit..  go to this link and pick what applies to you so u would find out what papers you need... most important papers would be ur NSO issued birth certificate and marriage contract,  with DFA Red Ribbon.. normally,  u need to go back home to apply for a residence permit, but  u can apply from norway if one of the following applies to u:
- have qualifications as a skilled worker and have legal stay in Norway
- has a valid residence permit in Norway
- have a residence permit in another Schengen country and have been in Norway for less than three months
- have a valid entry visa/ D-visa (not Schengen visa)
- Have applied for asylum and wait for an answer. Please note! You cannot have been given a final rejection and a deadline for leaving the country.

if you need to legalize (or red ribbon as what we pinoys call it) ur NSO documents and ur already in Norway,  u can get it red ribboned in Philippine embassy in Oslo... check details here: Legalization - Philippine Embassy

hope this helps :)

Certificates from these countries have little or no credibility because they are often forged. Exceptions may be made if the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) accepts that the marriage has been entered into in connection with a family reunion. The same will apply if a Norwegian foreign service mission is able to certify the marriage.

apologies,  i misread something on the part i quoted from the Skatteetaten site.. i thought its FOREIGN MINISTRY (like our DFA) when it is FOREIGN SERVICE MISSION (Norwegian Embassy)... so that means your husband can register your Philippine marriage if ur red-ribboned NSO-issued marriage certificate was authenticated by the Norwegian Embassy in the Philippines.. i think the embassy will stamp it or something,  and then this can be accepted by Skatteetaten in norway...

but then again,  please bear in mind that registration of ur marriage does not automatically grant you a residence permit or allow you to stay permanently in Norway... u still need to apply for it, which is a totally different process..

Our marriage was registered in skatsteen by my husband in Norway, he just took the original marriage certificate, but that didn't change my waiting time for the visa,,

pheebz0501 wrote:

if you need to legalize (or red ribbon as what we pinoys call it) ur NSO documents and ur already in Norway,  u can get it red ribboned in Philippine embassy in Oslo... check details here: Legalization - Philippine Embassy

apologies... i would like to make a correction about the legalization performed at the Philippine embassy.. it turns out this is "authentication of legalized foreign documents for use in the Philippines"   and not in Norway...

so the philippine embassy does not perform red ribbon of Philippine documents..

apologies for the confusion :(

Hi can I ask what are those requirements for fiancee visa in norway... I'm from Philippines...thanks

you can check and read the requirements at udi.no or norway.ph