Cost for a standard living in Quatre Bornes for a student?

been thinking of studying in Mauritius.To be exact my campus is in  Quatre Bornes, I want to know as a student how much it might cost me for a standard living in  Quatre Bornes & to know if it is available to  have a part time job ?
Any suggestion/Information would be much appreciated .Thanks for your time .

Hello ovi03,

I invite you to read the following thread Living cost in Mauritius on the Mauritius forum. This thread will give you some indications about cos of living and if you will be able to adjust in Quatre-Bornes particularly.

You may get a part-time job, infact, the cybercity (Ebène) is close enough to Quatre-Bornes, and most companies there can hire part-timers but you have to inquire about what possibilities your visa allows you to do.

By the way, what is your field of study ?

Cheers,
Bhavna  :)

Thank you very much for replying  Bhavna :):)  I m going to join Vatel for studying in Hospitality management .Do you think my choice is good enough as a sector of study & make a career ..& about the language ,I m fluent in English & Hindi .Do you think i must know Mauritian native to get along & to get part time jobs & to socialize .Besides ,actually i have been going through the cost issue but i m yet lost :/ .

Hello, I was told recently that foreign students are prohibited from working while in Mauritius so I would suggest you make further enquiries about that. Good luck.