Finding a job in advertising/marketing

Hi,

I am advertising professional with 9years of experience. I have applied for Tier 1 VISA (earlier HSMP VISA) and I am planning to come to London in January 2010.

Would be great if someone can help me guide how I can get a job in London. I am ready to take even a temp job in the beginning but eventually I would want only a permanent job in my field

cheers!!!!!!!!

Hi archdelhi! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) Did you view the Life in England guide? There are lot of informations and useful links..

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hello archdelhi

Most people in the UK rely on the assistance of employment recruiters to find jobs. My advice to you would be to find a recruiter who is familiar with your area of professional expertise and make friends with him/her!  A good relationship with a recruiter can be immeasurably helpful in finding a job quickly.  I spoke to about five recruiters when I first moved here and was very discouraged when none of them seemed to be working on my side, but then I had a great meeting with one and we "clicked". She put a positive spin on my application and recommended me to the employer above other applicants and three days after meeting her, I had a job.

In my experience, they will not be very keen to talk to you before you move, but as soon as you are in the UK, I suggest meeting with as many as you can.

Blog: www.beyondthequeen.blogspot.com