Oman Employment Visa Labour Clearance Delays

Hi,
I appeared for an interview in OMAN with a renowned organization in may 18 2015. They sent me the offer letter in a week's time and I accepted the offer on 24.06.2015. I also completed the Medical Exam and Certificate attestation on 24.06.015. I sent my employer the scanned copies of these documents as well as the rest of the required documents required for Labor Clearance on 24.06.2015.

My joining date is now passed and there seems to be a delay in getting labor clearance. My emoloyer's HR team is very co-operative though and asking me to be patient.

Kindly let me know what is the rough time frame in getting the labor clearance? Also, please suggest any alternatives. Senior members please reply.

Dear kunjabiharipanda

One thing don't resign from your present job till your visa comes & wait  till it comes. Hope for the best. Time no body can predict when it comes please keep in touch in your Oman companies H.R or ORO. All the best.

Nitish

Hi kunjabiharipanda,

Please read the other posts in the forum regarding the traumatic experience of visa delays and you will find all the information you would need to cope with this stress.

Heard anything or still waiting..

Worst case from my friend and she needs someone to talk for the legal action.
She is working presently more than 3 months in a new showroom in alkhuwair and 'till now not yet processed her labor card. 
They required them to work from 12-15 hrs during ramadan time and no off which their contract said they are allowed to have 1 day off per week.  Unfortunately until now they were not paid from their overtime.
Please anyone who has connections to ministry of labor kindly help them.
They want to get out from that company but don't know how, because the HR said if they resign they will pay for the company expenses.