Mobile phone solution in Switzerland

Hello,

I am searching the best way to call with my mobile phone from Switzerland to other countries (France).

Do you know a good solution, not too expensive ?

Thx

Hi ben_ji! Could you please write in french in the French forum. Thank you very much. :)

:D ok then, i transfer the discussion on the Basel forum, English version. ;)

With the default providers (Swisscom, Sunrise, Orange) I dont think its cheap.

Buying a LEBARA sim card in smaller supermarkets, or night-shop like shops is fast and calling to any foreign country very cheap (especially landlines). check lebara-mobile.ch. In those shops I sometimes see advertising for similar providers. Worth to try for a prepaid Sim card for 15 CHF....

What are also good options are Google Call. Sign in to gmail, and use the new calling option there. cheap and good. but is like skypeout from PC to phone, and not phone to phone.

Maybe another option, depending on where you live you live in Basel: I know a guy who is connecting to the german provider, since he lives close to the border and their antennas reach until his house.
With some luck you can just call from a french SIM card to France at local costs. But youŽll have to test this.
Close to where I live there is a Bouygues (FR) Antenna.

Test on your mobile: choose operator from automatic to manual: there you see a list of operators/antennas you can reach. 

Hope it helps...

Orange now include European zones in your pre-paid contract minutes on the Orange-Me tariffs.

Hope that helps.